Anyhoo...
Good good good weekend. M came down with the boys Saturday morning. First time I've seen them since they got back from their dad's for the summer. Wow. I swear I don't know them when they get home. They grow so much. We set up a pool in the back yard & just let them go at it for awhile. (Emma's dang bathing suit...this is bad... Last weekend her dad gave it to me in a bag, apprently wet. It's been in my trunk since them. Opps. So the floaties one had to be used, she looked silly in a blow up pool with floaties, but what can ya do.)

Once the newness of the pool wore off, we headed over to Target for mommy play time. Picked up some dinner in a bag & went to a park on the beach & ate. Then walked down to the water, let them run at the edge while we stood around like tourists & took photos.


Now. The beach we were at is Treasure Island. This is probably the closet beach to my house. Very much of a straight shot out there. Less than 10 miles away. It took us nearly 2 hours to get home. I got all turned around & completely lost. I had to call in the help of Mapquest, AKA James. He was quite intrested in finding out how I got all the way to where I was when I was so close to home to begin with.
So that's about it. Just had a really nice day yesterday.
I sat down to scrap this afternoon & Emma wanted to help. She made a card for her dad for his birthday (next month, day after mine) and then we decorated some glass bulbs...thats what happens when stuff dosen't make it into the christmas decoration box in time. I need to scan the card & share. :)
OH! Lora... it's day 5. I just added more sugar/flour/milk to my starter & mushed away...oh wait... squished away! :)
Seattle came back today. Not sure why I refer to him as Seattle, since really, he was in Kansas City, he just spent so much time in Seattle that it's where I associate him with now. Most have no clue what I'm talking about, so just trust me. It could be big. If you do know what I'm talking about.... Haven't spoke to him yet. He was having his cell switched over to a local number when I talked to him Friday, and I don't have that number yet. Figure, he just made a cross country move, I can give him a day to settle in. :) I'll shoot off an email tomorrow. Anxious to see him. He wants to take me AND Emma out for dinner this week. Normally, I'd give a quick hell no to that offer. I'm very carefull with who she meets. Him though...I'm not feeling concerned about it. So we may all go out. I don't know that I mentioned him here before. A great guy. Bad bad timing. Then he left. And now he's back. Our first date, we went to Lonestar, he had been raving about their steaks for weeks. So we go...and he orders a baked potato. Said he was too nervous to eat. So the other night, he asked if he can take me out for steak...and he'll order a baked potato.
James is still around of course. Talking to him at least once a day. I say this all the time, but really, we're good like this. So much better like this. I love that he was around for Seattle the first time, that he's here for me to talk to about it this time around. He's seeing someone. Some days I think it will work for him, other days I dont and other days I'm not sure he wants it to work. I asked him tonight what she knows about me & him. Not that there's a huge story to tell, but still. He said she knows nothing. Which is what I had hopped. I think that's better. At this point, we are super close. We share everything. He's the one I call when I need advice, when I have something exciting to say...he's the first one I think of. I can't say for sure, but it appears that it's mutual. If she were to know of the short history of us, I don't know that it would be cool. Just from a girls point of view, not sure how I would feel about my boyfriend being so close to someone he had been romanticly linked with at some point. He summed it up by saying, I won't give up you for her, I can find a girlfriend anywhere, friends are more important. Love that guy.
OK. Must go to bed.
My mom will be in town Tuesday for a doctor appointment & wants to do dinner. Really hoping to see Seattle very soon. Need to get on top of the next effer dare. Em goes to her dad's next weekend. (been totally enjoying her being back home) Long week coming up. Hoping it will lead into a great weekend. Big hopes for the immediate future. Big hopes.
One more before I go... how beautiful is my girl in the sunset?!
1 comment:
She is beautiful!
Post a Comment