Thursday, August 24, 2006

{i'm sick of these motha effin snakes on this motha effin plane}



That has nothing at all to do with this post and no, I haven't seen the movie, but it's something that Scott (who has seen the movie) and I say to each other at random times & crack ourselves up over. I don't even know why we find it funny, but we do. I find myself saying it a whole lot lately, even at work....which I'm sure fuels the rumors of the crazy girl in the cube at the corner. (BTW, for those trying to keep up, Scott = friend. Kool-Aid friend to be specific. Fun guy. Let's me vent/bitch/whine/cry, talks it out with me, then calls me stupid in a loving way & we move on. Good guy. Kinda filled the void that James left when he moved, of the local boy shoulder.)

Anyhoo.... Haven't posted lately. Kind of avoiding what I've had on my mind. And today isn't the day it's going to come out either. So instead...lots of random stuff.

I was asked to join two design teams last week! SUPER excited about both of them, so go check them out! School of Scrap (where there are enough challenges to keep you scrapping for days and everyone is super friendly) and Artistic Embellishments (fun fun kits! The jumbo theme kit this month is way cool!)

Finished up my week 3 challenge for Last Scrapper Standing. The idea in my head didn't quite make it to the paper, but I think I'm OK with it anyways. Amazaing talent in this contest. Just amazing. Seriously not sure how I've made it this far, but won't be surprised to not see my name on the list tomorrow. This round especially, the layouts are just mind blowing. Still doing the Big Brother contest at Scribbles, but can't post those layouts just yet.

I have cooked every day this week. Yes, it's only Thursday, but this is a big deal. Not huge meals, but dude, I'm cooking. Emma asks me every morning now, "Mommy, what's for dinner tonight?" Love it.

Speaking of Em... Yesterday I went to pick her up from the after school club, they called out to the playground where she was & she came in with 2 other kids (the whole buddy system thing). So she walks into the room where I am and I hear her tell the girls with her, "See, I told you, she's so pretty!" I asked her later what she told the girls & she said, "I told them they needed to come with me so they could see you, I told them how pretty you are." If we weren't already in the car, I would have scooped her up & hugged her till she burst.

What else...

$3.10 for a plain bagel, toasted with butter & a 32 oz foam cup full of brown gold. That's what I call an investment in my mental health.

Chat rooms. Oh wow. Mariel goes in them all the time, claims they are full of people in the Tampa area & no one from Orlando (which is where she is). I've tried to explain to her that she's being contacted by guys in Tampa because, not to be crass, but it's an easy hit & run. They can hook up & then play the 'you're to far away' card & not have to lock anything down. So I told her, I'll go in & not a single Tampa guy will try to talk to me, only guys in Orlando....and I did...and I was right. Does she believe me now? Of course not. And, I did not see the entertainment value in chat rooms either. She claims she goes in there cause she's bored (to which I've replied, there's GOT to be something else you can do, something on TV, something that needs cleaned...something other than chat rooms) and I did not find it entertaining at all. If anything, it made my head hurt. And honestly, made me glad that I'm not that desperate for attention.

OK. I think I've rambled enough about nothing now. I'm sure I'll be back later though. It's my blog after all, I can do anything I want. :)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Well, The School of Scrap is happy to have you!