Wednesday, December 21, 2005

{I want a hippo for Christmas}

Random tidbits in my mind right now....

Today in my office there is: 2 catered meetings, 1 potluck & 1 dessert bake off. Let's say it together folks... STUFFED. I passed on the peppermint cake & am finishing off a slice of key lime pie. And this is just from the potluck, the bake off isn't until later. I think being a good cook/baker is a requirement when you get hired here. Even the guys rock. And it really is the guys, not their wives/girlfriends. You gain 5 lbs upon being hired, not joking.

I gathered up 3 chinese take out boxes from PF Changs that was brought in for lunch. The ones that came with sauce packages in them....I resisted the urge to dump out the remaining rice & clean out the rest.

Speaking of PF Changs, my fortune cookie says: Accept the next proposition you recieve (in bed). Oh yes, that provided a (well deserved) laugh.

Ever had cookies made from Cherrios & M&Ms? I have & they are YUM!

*ALMOST* done Christmas shopping. Just a few more gifts to buy, but I think they will be quickie gift cards. Then comes the wrapping.

Wrapping. Oye. I wraped one gift last night, for our gift exchange at work today & it took me 20 minutes. Every year I make these plans to make my own wrapping paper, using kraft paper & scrap supplies. This year I refused to buy more wrapping paper & go the kraft paper route instead. So last night, I went to wrap this gift....wrapped in the kraft paper, tied with a very cool ribbon & stamped the persons name on it. LOVE how it came out, but not sure I can handle that on every gift. 20 minutes each? Doubt it.

Ironed out Christmas dinner plans. We'll be having ham with pineapple glaze, green bean casserole, corn casserole, baked potatos (white & sweet), dinner rolls & salad. For dessert there's bread pudding & cinammon cream cheese squares.

If I can get through the next 2 weeks without gaining any weight, I'll be happy. Definatly not planning to lose any until after the 1st, just not gonna happen.

Emma got in the car after daycare yesterday & I asked if she got to see Santa. (The Christmas party was yesterday) She started crying & said, "No! I didn't get to sit on Santa's lap & I didn't get to tell him what I wanted for Christmas! All I want for Christmas is YOU!" Seriously didn't know if I should cry or laugh. So I did a little of both. She went on to tell me that she misses me when she's at daycare/school & she hates going there. Later that night, as we drove past her school, she goes, "I LOVE it there! When can I go back?" Love that kid.

Bought an Epson PictureMate last night. Thinkin that I'm gonna love it. :) Only printed one photo last night cause I didn't want to hook it up to the computer & only had one photo on my memory card. Not a great photo either, I forgot to change the settings back to normal after my Christmas party where I had bumped them way down. Came out OK though. Pretty quick. Can't wait to get more into with better photos & print away in my PJs!

PJs.... I bought some new PJ pants the other night and I have yet to realize that I can buy smaller clothes now. Brand new & to big. I think I'm gonna keep them though, they have a drawstring waist so I can make them a little tighter there & they should be baggy anyways. Did remember to buy smaller when I got my rockin new green sweater the other night though, love it!

No comments: