Thursday, March 02, 2006

So everyone has been asking how my interview went & I've been replying with, OK I guess. I mean really, how do you judge those things? Especially when they ask the silliest questions. Targeted selection crap, I hate it. She did make a couple comments that made me feel good about it though. She had my 2004 performance evulation in front of her, which I got an 'exceeds' on (and those are super hard & very rare to get, yeah me!) and then she asked if I had had my 2005 evual yet & what it was. When I told her that it was a 'high meets' she went, Oh! Your manager is going to be upset to lose you!. Yes, he is...and he tells me daily. She had good reactions to a couple other things I said too. But still, hard to judge those things.

Today recuriting called & wanted to schedule a second phone interivew, this time with the hiring manager for the position I applied for. So I guess it went pretty good! Next interview is Monday, keep those fingers crossed!

THEN! A co-worker/friend that used to work in Orlando & is now a branch manager in Tampa called me. Said that a little bird told her I was moving & she wanted to know if it was true. I told her it was and she then told me that her manager (who was also in Orlando at one point, but I never really knew or worked with him) told her that he heard I was moving & since she knew me that she needed to call me cause he wants me. Wow. Talk about confidence building. I told her that i had applied for another position there & she said to just keep her in mind & to let her know if the other position dosen't work out. So now...what do I do?! I'd much rather work with her than in the unit I applied for. The job duties are just about the same, but her unit is so much more relaxed. Plus I know her. I would be working with a lot of Orlando reps, so I would know them. While I was on the phone with her, another girl in her unit that I'm friends with emailed me....to tell me that she would be calling me soon. So now I'm thinking that I may call her back tomorrow & get more details. Can't hurt right?

So thats whats going on with me. The house I was looking at, I could move in tomorrow if I wanted, but the lease would end in November. The owners use it as a winter home & are just looking to rent it for the summer. While I'd love to be a block from the beach & the price is awesome, I don't want to have to move again so soon. So the search is back on. :)

No comments: