That’s how I felt today at work.
They finally decided who is going to take over my job duties. I started training her today. Tomorrow is my last day. Nothing like waiting til the last minute huh? Thankfully, she’s a transfer from within the office (just another unit) and she knows the basic stuff.
I asked my boss if I should get her set up with a coporate charge card, he said yes & I gave her the paperwork. She filled it out, took it to him to sign & he handed it back to her & said, “You’re legal now!” Silly of me, I know, but it made me sad…and jeleous. I’m his left arm. I’m the one he can’t function without. I’m the one he jokes with. And now there’s her….this other woman moving in on my turf. Very odd, very silly, I know, but I think it just brought home the fact that I’m leaving. I’m glad she’s taking over my job, I have NO concerns about things getting taken care of knowing that she will be there. But still, saddens me to know that I won’t be doing it anymore.
Everyone has been great at work lately. Been hearing a lot of “I’m going to miss you! We’re going to be lost without you! You’ve been such a great help!” Very nice to hear. Nice to be told you’re appericated. Went out to lunch with my old teamleader & our IT guy yesterday. Dennis, the IT guy, picked the spot, Chipotles. He said he wanted to go there because the first time he went there was with me. Aw. We were driving back, just me & him since Oleane brought her own car & met us there, and he told me that I’m the same age as his middle daughter…and that I look like her. I responded with, Oh, she’s cute! He laughed & said, yes, you both are, maybe that’s why I’m going to miss you so much. Almost teared up. He went on to tell me that I’m the only person left in the office that was here when he started. Others are still with the company, but in other parts of the area, I was the only one still in the same office as him. Apprently word has gotten around my old office that I’m leaving & I’ve been told to stop by on Friday…or else. Same with another local office that branched off of my old office. I really do know people in every office in Central Florida. I’m going to miss those people. Every single one of them. June will make 9 years there. 9 years. I’m only 27, 9 years is a very long time. These people were there when I moved out of my moms house, there when I got married, when I had a child, when I got divorced. And I’m going to miss them something fierce.
Today my boss had BBQ brought in for lunch…a combo of good bye Liza, welcome Jessica & congrats James (promotion). Tomorrow one of my teams is taking me to Chilis for lunch.
A few hours later, I’ll pack up my box & say good bye.
No comments:
Post a Comment