I’m bored, so you’re stuck with me now.
I don’t know what WT is, but Radona has posted blog challenges from there… and I’m snagging them from her…
First up…
What was your first job:
Like most Orlando/Central Florida teenagers, my first job was at Disney. I got hired to work in the ice cream shoppe/bakery on the corner of Main Street. I had a months worth of training to go through. I’ve heard it’s shorter now, but I did a weekend full of “Traditions” training, which taught the history of WDW, Walt’s vision for the parks, how to present yourself while “on stage”…and even how to point. To this day, I still do the Disney point. We also learned the proper response to the famous question, “What time is the 6 o’clock parade?”. Do you know the correct answer?
Then there were random training classes here and there. Polices, procedures, cash handling…stuff like that. I remember one class was very early in the morning, before the park opened for the day, and was in the Columbia resturant. An hour or two into the class, the park opened & you could hear the stampede of people running past the resturant to try to be first in line at Splash Mountain.
Anyhoo… My first day of actual work there, I sliced the inside of my hand on a tub of ice cream. I had to cross Main Street with blood running down my hand/arm, minutes before the parade started, to get to first aid. Tons of people in my way & me having to keep a smile… I was “on stage” after all.
So, the next day I was off & I drove out to the park to get my parking sticker & my peremant badge. I rear ended a lady getting off of I-4. No biggie, no damage, we kept going. A few miles up the road, turning into cast parking, I rear ended her again. Yep. Same lady. Totalled my 89 Dodge Omni. Sent us both to the hospital. No car = no job.
What is your dream job:
To stay home.
If I can’t do that…. I don’t know. Maybe run a scrapbook store…maybe be a teacher, 1st grade or younger… I don’t really think about that much. I don’t hate my job, so it’s not something I ponder. I don’t LOVE it, but I do enjoy it.
No comments:
Post a Comment