Friday, April 21, 2006

{more totally random thoughts}

Made my first unneeded trip across the bridge yesterday. I know this is boring anyone that might actually read this thing, but I feel like writing & this is what I thought of.

So yes, I left work yesterday, all proud of myself for running down the directions in my head to Kristinas. Got to the first turn & turned right. Drove a little, thinking all along, yep, the mall over there, this looks familer. Then I see the sign, long bridge ahead - check gas. OK. I don’t remember crossing it last time… Yep, I went the wrong way. Had to go across the bridge & turn back around & then sit in traffic that was heading the opposite direction. Good point of this was that I was basiclly going the route that I will use to go home, so I got to check traffic on the bridge at that time of day again. And it was great, none at all. The other direction was another story, but that won’t bother me.

And then I thought about it… That sign, to check gas, there’s no exits or turn arounds after than sign until you’ve crossed the bridge. So really, what’s the point of checking your gas? So you can sit there stressing with the knowledge that you’re going to run out while on the bridge?

So, took the scenic route to Kristina’s. Made a Target run.(2 shirts, a pair of capris & a pair of pants for $25! So the outfit I have on right now, $10)

Had a lovely dinner. (lovely, that word makes me giggle)
Sat outside, Kristina & Jason, myself, a friend of Kristina’s & a friend of Jason’s. It was nice. Lit up the tiki torches & some citrenella candles, sat around & ate & drank. Wine for Kristina & her friend Stephanie, hard stuff for me & the boys. Oh yes, I hang with the boys when it comes to liqour. Can’t remember the name of it, but it was good.

Funny moment of the night: The boys left to get some more wine. Stephanie looked around & said “This is so romantic out here. Eating outside. Flames lighting the night. Rod Stewart standards in the background. Makes me feel like making out with the two of you.” Kristina nearly spit out her wine & I simply replied, Stephanie is cut off, no more wine for her.

Kristina had her veil practice run yesterday, so her hair was done up as it will be for the wedding. So we locked ourselves in the spare room & played dress up. Got her into her dress, put on the tiera & veil and ohhhed & awwwed. She really was stunning. I’m so proud of her, so excited to see this new chapter of her life starting. Excited to have this part in it, blessed to have her in my life. Being with her & Jason the last couple days has shown me, this is real. The two of them are real, just perfect. She was telling Stephanie last night that the card Martha gave her during the shower was bought over 2 years ago. The day Kristina told Martha about Jason, Martha went out and bought a bridal shower card. She knew then that K would marry this guy. I told Stephanie how the day after I met Jason for the first time, Martha asked me what I thought of him. I told her that he was excatly how I pictured him. Looked like I thought he would, acted like I thought he would, which to me, ment that he was the one K was ment to be with.

No comments: