Thursday, April 13, 2006

{last day}

Snapped this before I left work today. Stuck the box that held the contents of my desk in the trunk & took one last look at the veiw.

Went to lunch with one of my teams…the team that had some of my favorite reps on it, which was nice. Sat at Chilis & laughed & laughed & laughed. Very nice.

Came back, trained Jessica a little more & then got surprised with a cake & card from the office. And a Target gift card, nice. I fought back tears & refused to read the card right at the moment. Read it later & seriously giggled out loud. I’m gonna miss those guys. Every one of them, even the ones I could have gone without on some days. I’ll treasure my card with lice filled dogs & middle school reminders on it forever. That makes no sense to anyone reading this, I know, but to me, it means the world.
Funny of the day:
My boss compared my leaving to him having a kidney removed. “You can function with just one, but it’s not the same.” I’m a kidney. I don’t know if I should be flattered or not.

With Sheri as my witness, I tried my hardest to beat the clock to work this morning. See, on the highway there are these signs that flash messages with traffic info, like “Lake Mary Blvd - 10 minutes”. No matter how hard I try, I CAN NOT beat that damm clock. Not by doing the speed limit. Not by doing 10-15 mph over the speed limit. It’s always excatly right. I was determined to beat it today. DETERMINED! Sheri pointed out that it’s gaged by the flow of traffic….but in my mind, if I go faster than the other traffic, I should be able to beat it. Apprently not. She was right. But being the friend she is, she agreed that I made it there in 4 minutes & 59 seconds, under the 5 minutes that the sign read. YES!

Also said a silent goodbye this morning to the man that wears the same outfit everyday (blue soccor shorts, white wifebeater & sneaks with no socks) and crosses the street in front of me every morning as I turn onto Fairbanks. Every single day. No matter what time it is. He’s always there. No clue where he’s coming from, where he’s going to or what’s in the bag he carries. But no matter what, he’s always there.

Good bye strange stranger. May the walk signal always be in your favor.

No comments: