Monday, April 24, 2006

{one week}

I’ve been here for 1 week.

I have yet to get lost/go to the wrong building/wrong floor.
I haven’t ran into any pedestrains in the parking garage. A harder task then it seems.
I haven’t forgotten where I parked in the garage. It helps that I always park next to the elevator and therefore only have to remember what floor I’m on.
I’ve manged to not go to the mall yet. Of course, I don’t have any extra spending money right now due to the move…I’m sure that streak will end soon.
I have manged to find Target though. And raided the easter candy aisle…. 90% off… how can you resist that?!

and
I have not talked to Jimmy. I haven’t called him. I sound all the Jimmy info off this one friend, to get the guy point of view on the whole thing. He thinks I’m crazy for not calling him, dosen’t understand what I’m waiting for. I tried to explain, I’d rather pop him a quick email than call him. In talking to him about why I haven’t called, I came to this realization: Jimmy & I always had our hearts to heart while on the phone. Something about hearing each other, but not seeing each other. We could be sitting in front of each other & not be as free with words as we were on the phone. We hear each other and, for a lack of better words, can’t control our emotions.

So my realization was this…
It’s been a couple months since we’ve talked on the phone. If he & I do not see each other again, at this point, I’ll be OK.
If I get back on the phone, if I hear that voice, that voice that I can read so easily…. I won’t be OK.

No comments: