Wednesday, October 04, 2006

{but I don't watch TV!}

Slightly unnerved by the past few days events in my house. It's become a ritual.
I put Em in bed about 7:30. Then I pick up the living room, clean up the kitchen from dinner....and turn on the TV.

Now, keep in mind. I don't have cable. I don't need it. I don't watch TV.

My bestest best friend (she claims to have earned the title of bestest best since we've now been friends over 20 years) has a TV schedule. We know what she's watching on what nights & we know when it's not a good time to call her. I don't get it. I never got into shows like that.

Then Grey's Anatomy came along. I watched it last season, but this season....their are to be no interuptions...unless you're also watching & are 100% sure it's commerical.

So, no big deal. One show. I can handle that. But after Grays....ER comes on. And they have John Stamos now. HELLO! Still, not an issue. Two shows. Just one night. No biggie.

Sunday, I watched Desperate Housewives for the first time since the show premire....followed by Brothers & Sisters. Monday I watched Heros. Last night, Friday Night Lights. Now, had I just watched them out of boredom, out of trying to occupy my time, that would be OK. But that's not the case. I was in tears last night watching Friday Night Lights. I want to see more. I need to know that Street will be OK. I need to know what the deal with the buried corspes is on Heros. I need to know!!

Ugh. Apprently, I DO watch TV. The sad part? I only get two channels. Can you imagine if I had cable?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

we don't have cable either, for the same reason! Loved that friday nights show, might have to add it to the list of shows I care about (that would make the list have uh... 3 shows on it)