Sunday, October 01, 2006

{today}


My mom told me that I'm a good mom.
My step dad said he was proud of how I handle her school, how I approach her learning.

When I really thought about it....I felt bad. I felt bad that they think I'm doing this amazing job. Cause really, I'm just having fun. I'm a kid who had a kid and we're growing up together. We color together. We sit on the back steps & eat watermellon together. We air kiss & make faces at each other. She takes care of me, reminding me of things as we rush out the door in the morning...and ever since I fell down the front steps a couple weeks ago, demanding that she go first, checking the steps with her shoes & then saying, OK Mommy, it's safe. She is truely my best friend. The person I crave time with. The person who's opinions mean the most to me. I just love her. The whole parenting thing, it's easy when realize you just have to love & everything else falls into place.

No comments: