Had a nice quiet weekend. Dropped Em off with Mike Saturday morning, made a run to Wal-Mart for some must haves (Diet Coke, toliet paper & adhesive) and then scrapped the weekend away. Got lots done too....in a post to follow :)
Nothing much going on other than that.
My brother called Sunday. Do you know how odd that is to me? I enjoy talking to him, but it's a little weird. I think the fact that we call each other & carry on a conversation means that we're growing up....maybe even....adults?! WOW! To further confirm that thought....he told me that his long time girlfriend (6+ years) and him are talking about having a baby. My baby brother with a baby. Scary. Granted, she has an 11 year old who my brother considers his son, but still... flesh & blood. WOW again. Can't think of a better word. This is the boy that was laughing his head off while his foot was gushing blood cause I had to hold it in the air as we drove to the hospital.....during our 3rd trip to the ER that summer for stitches for him. By the end of the summer the ER docs knew us by name, we were there SIX times with him. A dr asked me mom if there's something he should know & she replied, Yes, If he makes it through the summer, I'm going to kill him. This kid...this kid is 25 years old now. I still have an instinct to yank beers out of his hands, thinking he's not old enough yet. I still see him in a Vanilla Ice t-shirt, answering the front door with a baseball bat in hand when a boy I dated came over. Is the world ready for a little Wes? I'm ready for a neice or nephew....and since he's my only option for one....get ready world.
It's cold today. 50 outside when I woke up, 69 in the house, with a/c off of course. That's cold for this Florida girl! Even Emma noticed it this morning. She got out of bed, did a little dance & then jumped back in bed saying it was too cold to get up. Love that kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment