How crazy is that?
So I was pretty mad last time I posted. Super duper mad actually.
Thankfully I had the common sense to hold off on making a phone call until the next morning.
While my feelings didn't change much (I really don't comprehend 1-how some women can behave the way they do & 2-why men not only put up with it, but let get away with it over & over) but I had a clearer mind & hopefully handled the situation better than I would have right at that moment. And things are fine. At least for me they are. It's not my drama to deal with. I refuse to let it be. Don't get me wrong, I want to discuss it, I want to tell her what I think, but I won't allow myself to get down to her level. So it's over.
Moving on with a bunch of randomness.
I posted rules for living simply a week or so ago, here's the rest of that 'story'... just because I really do love it.
My new rules for living simply (continued) 4. Get a uniform. I like t-shirts & pajama bottoms. This is my sleep uniform. This is how my life works. You may need a different uniform for the way your life works. When you find a piece of clothing you like, buy 6 more. This way you have one for every day of the week. Tell everyone you know that's what you did. Tell them it's your uniform. That way you don't have to change every day. Most people just assume you're putting on clean clothes. But, really, you only have to change if you get food on yourself, or if you start to stink. -StoryPeople
I get daily StoryPeople emails. Love them. Love the insight that I so often require. If you've never heard of them before, you really should check out the website. Good stuff.
I hurt my shoulder. I don't know how. (I really really don't know, this isn't like when I claimed to not know how I got the bruise on my arm a few weeks ago thanks to my rockstar weekend) I didn't sleep on it wrong, it's not that kind of pain. It's a constant dull pain right at the joint... right where I would love to cut it off at.
Had a pretty quiet weekend. Went to Kohl's & the gym after work on Friday...picked up Em from school & restarted our every other Friday trips to Hershey's. (for her only, can't even pretend that's on my diet) Came home, did some laundry & then headed back out... Dropped Em off with her dad, went to Denny's with Laura (as opposed to the original plan of Olive Garden due to their 55 minute wait time) and then headed out with B. Saturday afternoon I went grocery shopping with Laura & then cooked a full meal (appetizers, dinner & dessert) for 6, for the dinner party that Laura wanted to throw. Love how I get wrangled into those things. She was very thankful of course, so that made it OK. And I did have a great time. Only bad part is after I spend hours cooking, I have no desire to eat. Which could be a good thing for the diet...except that B & I broke out the plate of leftover chocolate covered strawberries around 3:30 am. Oh well. It's fruit at least. Took it easy today, we slept in this morning & had yummy homemade smoothies for breakfast. Filled up my car while I was on the cheap side of town for gas & then headed home to do even more laundry... All the while thinking, I'm a pretty lucky girl. That's not a bad weekend, ya know?
I do have one smallish gripe... why does everything have to have a label? I have a friend that after hearing of the time I spent with B a couple weekends ago, immediately asked "So are you dating?". Um. First, slow down. Second, who cares? Of course, after she found out that most of this weekend was spent with him again, she layed on it again. I had to bite my tongue & resist the urge to tell her that no matter what the answer is, it's really not her business. When/If I want to talk about the extent of whatever it is that is happening with us, I'll tell her. For now... he's a good guy. A really good guy. (Something that I KNEW had to be there, I just had to clear my view to be able to see it) He's the guy that throws an extra blanket on me & tucks it around me in the middle of the night when he doesn't realize I'm awake, the guy who plays with my hair until I fall asleep, the guy who calls me to see how I'm feeling cause he woke up feeling sick & just wants to make sure I'm not catching it... and really, that's all that matters.
Wow. That was such a scattered post. Kudos to you if you made it through. :)
BTW... I did start on the paper & glue version of my 2008 intentions. It's not done yet though....and while I did take photos of the completed parts, they stink. I need to go steal my scanner back from Martha so I can share them for real. If that doesn't happen soon though, I'll suck it up & post the photos. Just to prove to Lora that I really do scrap still. wink wink.
No comments:
Post a Comment