Tuesday, January 29, 2008

{acting my age. briefly at least}

OK. So there is stuff in my life other than NKOTB getting back together.
Though
I do admit
that's a pretty huge part of my life currently.

Had a good weekend.
Quiet night with B Friday. (a wonderful evening really)
Shopping with Katt Saturday. (so miss spending time with her)
Shopping with Laura Sunday. (and lunch at Chilis. new favorite dish there, quesadilla explosion salad. and i know that's spelled wrong but i can't get close enough for spell check to figure it out. oh well.)

This, among others, appeared in my inbox today. Didn't think I'd say this, but I miss this group of girls & spending my Saturday mornings on the football field. We're sitting out the winter season, but will most likely join back up again for summer.


What else....

Filed my taxes. Looking forward to a pedicure & maybe a weekend away once they come in. Both equally exciting.

Work has been kicking my butt lately. We have a new child who simply doesn't want to be there & thinks he can scream & we'll let him leave.
No deal.
Today he screamed for 5 hours.
That's right
FIVE.
By the time he calmed down, he had an hour to go before it was time to leave.
But the point remains, he didn't get to leave early.
Not even with his idle threats of killing us. With a machine gun.
BTW, he's JUST turned 5.
Granted, I'm not the one having to deal directly with him, but I hear him.
All
day.
Those are the times where we all quietly think to ourselves:
This is what we do. These are the kids we're here for & because of. And most importantly, there's Tylenol in the bathroom cabinet.

Had dinner with Josh tonight. Josh is the (former) boy. The boy referred to here.
It was nice. Nice to talk. Like adults. Who don't hate each other cause things didn't work out. He's prepping for daddyhood & excited about finding out it's a girl. Like I said before, I want good things for him. I'm glad that we made it past that bump & can maintain a friendship. Of course it's nice to know that I can hang out with him & it's obvious, that in his eyes at least, I've "still got it". And even nicer to know that he has live with the fact that he won't be getting any of what I've got. Self confidence never hurt a soul, right?

Somewhat related... B. That man. Surprises me, makes me smile, makes me laugh. Deep down I still have no long term hope for us. For now though, I can't think of any other guy that I want to spend my time with. Thankfully, he's willing to fill that time. He cracks me up. From things like putting pillows under my feet when I sit on the couch (cause that's just how we roll, according to him) to describing who I should hang out with (dark skin, dark hair, 5 ft 7 with an accent = AKA him) to telling me to man up, drink another & don't hold back the bubbles (burps). He's fun and everyone needs that in their life. His back massages aren't to shabby either. He's made plans for us. Plans that sound just perfect to me. Every time he does that I remind him to not offer things that he doesn't want me to follow through on. He simply says, I know, and keeps on planning. Nothing wrong with that.

oh. How could I forget.
My dad.
Talked to him numerous times lately.
And my brothers.
And my sisters in law.
Plans are being made. Relationships are being mended.

I have two nephews & a niece that are growing up fast. I don't want them to turn around & be like, who's Aunt Liza? I want to be in their life & I want Emma to have them in hers. That's something I didn't have and I want for her.

And if you're the praying type, could you think of my sister?
She's 22, the mother of a 22 month old and in the process of a divorce.
All while she prepares to serve her second tour in Iraq within the next couple weeks.
There's talk of her not being sent because of the (newly filed) divorce. (He's also going for his second tour shortly)
She's my sister. She's the baby. I miss her and I want her here. Here where I can talk to her, where I can see her, and most importantly, here with her daughter.

In the meantime though, I'll be taking that cute kiddo to Universal this weekend.
Can't
wait.

1 comment:

Lora3677 said...

good to 'hear" you talking and a "letter" again.... time does heal all wounds. :) HUGS!