
Lot's of things are making me a happy girl lately.
But
by far
this tops the list.
New Kids On The Block Stage Comeback
In celebration, I present a trip down memory lane.
(in no time line order, cause i suck at that)
I learned how to spell REMEMBER by hitting pause-play on my tape player & writing out the lyrics to this song. You know, before you could Google song lyrics.... I Remember When
I about wore out our VCR watching this at least once a day.
The first episode aired on my 12th birthday. I know for a fact that this was a secret message from Joey to let me know he loved me & was thinking of me on my birthday.
Martha & I, to this day, still sign our Christmas cards to each other with 'Have a Funky, Funky Christmas and a Funky, Funky New Year, love Liza McIntyre/Martha McIntyre'.
If you watch nothing else on this page, I beg you to watch this video, from 1:30 to 1:51. That butt shake just made me tear up.
On our way to the Summer Magic tour concert, I had a realization that only a pre-teen can have. I made my mom roll down the windows & then turned to everyone in the car & exclaimed:
We're breathing the same air as NKOTB!
That was of course followed by an "OMG" and a scream from Martha. Thank goodness for friends that 'get me'. (This is easily my favorite NKOTB song, which is the only reason I can forgive Jordan for his Milli Vanilli spandex & rain dance scene in this video.)
I still know all the words. And maybe the dance. But I won't admit that one. Ever.
And in closing... to the non believers, i say, peace.
1 comment:
ROFL!!! OMG.... I listened to NKOTB, too.... but I don't admit that freely...
Post a Comment