I've spent a bit of time lately rereading blog entires on here.
It seems that I used to use this to really document my life. To get into details of what I did on lazy weekends, adventures with friends, daily tidbits of life with Emma. Now though, not so much.
I mean to. I sit down with the intentions & then I think... do I really want to put this out there? Does anyone really want to read about that? They won't care enough to even read and if they do read, do I want them to be able to make judgements? So instead I type out the watered down version of my life.
I don't want to do that anymore. This is for me. I want to be able to look back in a year or two & relive all the down & dirty details.
So I apologize now. For boring anyone that reads this. For offending anyone. Thankfully, I don't know who's here & who's not, so my feelings can't be hurt. :)
On that note.....
My divorce was final on December 20, 2007. My mom intercepted the papers in the mail & wrapped them for me to open on Christmas morning. Which means, this was my first weekend as a legally single woman.
And I partied like a rock star.
Things I don't want to forget from this weekend:
I beat Laura at Disney Scene It. Twice. While I was drinking mimosas & she was drinking tea. I stink at that game, yet I beat her twice. Granted, Martha kicked both our arses. But still, I beat Laura.
Popping Vanessa's Kobe cherry. She's the second friend that I've introduced to the goodness that is Kobe's. It amazes me that some people have made it so far in life without ever eating there. Dumbfounds me really.
Sitting at Independent Bar Saturday night and wondering why we were there when we were supposed to be going to I Bar. This lasted for an hour before I realized... duh. Independent. I. And I had only had one drink too, so I can't blame it on that...
Carlos & B. Oh my. Those boys. The flip in my stomach when Carlos told me B was with him. B's "I haven't seen you in forever, come hug me". The "it's-OK-hug-him" look from Carlos. In the parking lot. At 3am. C's phone was blowing up, B was going on about how they wouldn't let him in the club wearing a white t-shirt so they gave him one of theirs to wear over his...and it was a white t-shirt. Me sitting on the curb and thinking, what in the world have I done now? The sprinklers covering the walk way & the three of us making a run for it....and the stench of sewer water on us. The drunk girl asking where the bathroom was after she had spent the past 30 minutes in it. Carlos stripping down with the excuse of, "It's my place." Kettle corn popcorn, why of course, it's the only way to go! Carlos talking in his sleep on the couch.
Thinking to myself again, I must be missing something about B, something that makes all these people think he's so great. And again the next day....watching movie after movie after movie with B and realizing that maybe I do see what others see.
Universal with Emmy. Her excitement at seeing her name on our passes. (How did Santa ever know?!) Her scream on the kiddie coaster. I love that kiddo something fierce.
No comments:
Post a Comment