Tuesday, January 08, 2008




I logged on to make this post...and was surprised by the new look. I forgot I had done it. Typical, I'm SO tired the past few days.

I think my weekend dragged on & on. With last week being such a short work week (Wed/Thursday & Friday only til noon), I really felt like I hadn't had a chance to recover from the previous weekend before the next one was here already. And we all know I partied like a rock star that previous weekend.

This weekend was Cassidy's birthday. Cass is Emma's best friend. She's also the oldest of 4, ages 2-8, 3 girls & 1 boy. The girls & us went to the mall Friday after work to get Cass's ears pierced. We then spent over 2 hours sitting in the food court. See, there's this open area in the middle of the food court that is carpeted with this squishy carpet stuff...and the kids love it. I don't know if it's meant to be a play area or not, but it totally is. And the girls loved it.

Saturday morning we all met at the rink. I somehow took K, the 3 year old, on her first lap. And she just about refused to let go of me the rest of the morning. Don't get me wrong, I love that kid. She's so cute and so much fun. But I can skate. Like, really really skate. A few laps a minute....with her, it was more like 5 minutes per lap.

Met up again Sunday morning & spent the day at Disney. (By this point, I was wondering if the birthday weekend was ever going to end!) Again, these kids are so awesome. It sounds so menacing... 5 kids at Disney. But these 5, great kids. Fun, well behaved, easy to keep content... Emma included. Of course. :)

Needless to say, I was crawling into bed pretty early Sunday night.

And now it's almost Wednesday. Work has been exhausting in itself this week. The week started with a new child....who proceeded to scream (and kick and hit and bite) for the first 3 hours he was there. (and as bad as that sounds, his behavior later in the day & especially this morning, it all makes what we do worth it....maybe tomorrow I'll post more about my job & how amazingly fun & rewarding it is) Today was met insurance companies who don't know what their talking about, an employee quiting & leaving us in a huge bind & parents trying to talk their way into getting what they want as opposed to what they were promised.

Wednesday.
Almost payday.
Almost the weekend.

I think I can make it.....

No comments: