My New Rules For Living Simply (As of This Year) 1. When bills come, just throw them out. Who needs all that clutter & heart-ache? 2. Have a room for everything. Don't ever do anything in a room you're not supposed to. (This works best in a hotel) 3. Take a couple of days & really find out your 3 favorite foods. Clear everything but these 3 foods out of your house. After awhile, you'll be so sick of them, you'll just go out to eat for every meal. Your kitchen will stay perfectly clean. (to be continued)
--- Storypeople
It's over.
Seriously. Finally. For real. Over.
I so needed that. For 07 to just end.
I like to hope that I change & grow every year, and I know that I did that in 2007.
I started the year in St Pete. Madly in love and yet fearful for the future of my relationship. Little did I know that while I thought he was visiting his mom for the holidays, he was actually with his wife waiting for her to give birth. Sadly, or maybe thankfully, I didn't find any of that out until he had convinced me to quit my job & move back to Orlando.
Suffice to say, that was my big change in 2007.
I miss St Pete every day. I miss the little things about the area, I miss my house, I miss my neighbor, I miss the beach....but most of all I miss the life we had there. And when I realize that THAT is what I really miss, I don't miss it so much anymore.
But now I'm here. And here isn't all that bad. Currently, here is sitting in bed on my laptop while Emma tells my mom which one is Tom & which one is Jerry in the living room.
Other days...
Here is a good job with people that I'm proud to claim as friends even after 5pm and daily interaction with kids that are going to change the world one day.
Here is where my best friends are, where I can drive over for a mimosa at any time of day, where I can crash on the couch any time I need to, where I can always receive the tightest, most needed hugs.
Here is where I ended a friendship. A very toxic friendship.
Here is where I made new friends. Friends that help me to see things in great light, friends that know that Sonny's can make any day better, friends that love me just for using a coaster.... friends that take me just as I am.
Here is a pretty good place.
I'm still thinking about my 2008 intentions. But right at this moment, I'm thinking I need to get dressed before Em implodes from excitement. We're off to Universal today, courtesy of Santa's gracious gift to her... two annual passes.
She's a lucky girl, huh?
Me too.
No comments:
Post a Comment