This morning, my life stopped.
It was a normal morning. I was checking my email before heading out to play putt putt with Emma. We were both in the bedroom. We had called Katt a few minutes earlier to see if she wanted to join us. All of a sudden there was a 'thump' on the floor followed by a gasp from Emma.
It was my cell phone.
On the floor.
In two pieces.
And my heart jumped.
I just lost EVERYTHING.
Seriously, it really WAS that dramatic.
Sigh.
Thankfully, we're a couple days past the 'you can upgrade free' date. So we headed to the store.
Their computers are down.
On top of that, they say that since my stepdad upgraded his a few months early, we can't upgrade the others for free. (we're all on one family plan)
Which means, it was going to cost at least $100 to get me a new phone.
And even then, it can't happen since their system is down.
Oh! Idea!
I have insurance, can we just pay the deductible & go that route?
Sure.
But not without a working system.
Again.
Sigh.
So we come home & he goes online... turns out we CAN upgrade mine for free.
And the free choices aren't to shabby.
I had been looking online the past month or so, knowing the time was coming soon, and was trying to pick from the Juke and the Chocolate.
Guess what one of the free choices was?
Yep.
By Wednesday I'll be chatting it up on my new teal Juke.
For free yo.
But until then, my heart kinda sinks when I think of reaching for my phone.
I'm using my mom's until then, but still... do YOU know the numbers for everyone in your phonebook? I sure don't. I have access to a few, the most often dialed ones, which is OK I guess. It will get me through.
Once more for effect.
Sigh.
PS... if you feel so inclined, I've listed bunches of stamps on eBay. Along with a few other things. It's 1cent listing fees right now & I've got plenty to get rid of. Not done yet either. I have some more scrappy stuff to go up later tonight or tomorrow. See it all here.
No comments:
Post a Comment