Sunday, March 23, 2008

{this us thing is weird, don't you think?}

last night on the couch while drinking shakes made from the tons of strawberries left from the festival.
about 6 hours after a huge lunch.
about 10 minutes after I said, yes, I am hungry, but I don't feel like eating really.

me: I'm full. Do you want the rest of mine?
b: No, you need to eat it.
me: But I'm full, I don't want anymore.
b: No, eat it. You said you were hungry, I made us shakes, you need to eat it. I know what you're doing.
me: What are you talking about?
b: You're like a baby. I've noticed that about you. When you want something, you will eat it, but if it's not what you want, you will say that your hungry & then not finish it & then later end up getting what you want.
me: I am like a baby? Are you seriously saying that?
b: Yep, just like a baby. Only eat what you want.
me: I'm like a baby. OK. I'll remember that next time we're laying in bed & you start pouting, "please baby, please? pout pout pout!"
b: I'll finish your shake.
me: Thanks babe.



Last night we had a short talk about us. Short as in... super short.
I'm so tired of one friend who keeps asking what our status is.
I always reply: Our status is happy. We're happy.
But the more I thought about it, it drives me crazy that I don't know.

See, he's the most unusual beginning I've ever had. I'm not going to get into it here, but you can read bits here & here that describe the first night we met & the second time we saw each other, over 6 months later, if you really care.
It's become a joke between us that I hated him when we first me. That first time we met, I wasn't happy with how the night ended. I didn't want to blame myself of course, I didn't want to blame C cause I liked him...so that left B. He was uncommon factor in the evening, he was the one I didn't have ties to... so I blamed him. For a long time. And it made me feel better somehow. Then, months later, I see him again. He's not so bad, he's actually a pretty nice guy... but again, I blamed him.
Obviously, things have changed. We've spent crazy amounts of time together. Like, mad crazy. Like I went over Thursday night, left Friday morning to get Em off to school & myself to work, dropped Em with her dad, went to dinner with friends & then back to B's... and I just came home today. Only cause it was Easter & family was coming over. I didn't want to leave. He didn't want me to leave.

My point is, we had 'that talk' last night.
Briefly.
But it was perfect.
We agree, that if we stop & think about it, it's weird.
We also agreed that we both try not to think about it, for that very reason.
That what will be will be.
And that as weird as it is, it's also good.
Very, very good.

And that's our status.
Happy
and
good.

No comments: