Dear B:
I know you'll most liekly never read this, but I have a few things to say.
That photo over there? I took it so I could show off my new glasses to my blog buddies. Just like you said they would, they are growing on me & I do like them. I still laugh to myself when someone comments on how I look like a teacher. I think to myself, if they only knew.
Once I loaded the photos though, my first thought was this.
OMG, it's a good thing he likes me.
This isn't a flattering photo whatsoever, though it's not the photos fault. It's me, morning, no make up, hair in a pony tail (at least what I can accomplish of a pony since it's still short), a shirt from Martha's never ending supply of station shirts and pretty much just a mess. (No excuse for the growl face, that's just normal in my world)
As bad as I look here... it's an improvement from how I looked when you left for work this morning. Yet, even then you hugged me, kissed me & made "those eyes" at me. Me, the mess.
The real trouble though? I spent the rest of the afternoon sleeping. Other than when you called to tell me you were exhusted & I better not be sleeping cause if you have to work, I have to at least wake up. Yeah, whatever. I went back to sleep. Basiclly until you got off work & called to see if I wanted to come over for dinner. Then, here's the kicker. I threw my jeans back on, redid the pony tail & headed over. Which means, you got me, looking just like this, for the second time today.
Again, good thing he likes me.
So with that said, I'd like to say thank you.
It's crazy to me that we're where we are right now. Even though I'm not 100% clear on where we are, the fact that we are someone still amazes me. We both know that we didn't meet in the best situation. And I've made it clear that I pretty much hated you when I met you. I even refused to speak your name for a month or so afterwards. But then, late Decemember, over 6 months later, we see each other again. The next day you call to see if I want to watch a movie. And nothings been the same since then.
I adore the way you treat me. The opening doors, pulling out chairs, asking how my day is thing. Just adore it. I love our conversations, the ones that are pointless and the ones that are so deep that I surprise myself. I love that tonight when I told you I wanted a new couch, we both said 'red!' at the same time. (Note to reader: we're not moving in together, it was just a conversation)
Last night, when your nephew came home, you grabbed ahold of me and it was a hold that I won't soon forget. Not in a very long time have I felt so safe, so protected. There was something else there though. Something about that hold that screamed "she's mine". I layed there, laughing at how drunk he was, how silly the two of you were acting, the whole time thinking, if he let go of me right now, I think I'd melt. Thankfully you didn't. Hopefully you won't anytime soon either.

1 comment:
I remember those days.... i miss those days...
Post a Comment