Wednesday, March 05, 2008

{this is life}

Woke up this morning, looked at B & said "I don't want to work today."

And I didn't.

I was so let down by yesterday's house news that I needed a day to myself.
Granted, I didn't spend it alone. BY to the rescue.
TV, naps, Chinese buffet for lunch and a little shopping.

Highlight of the day?
As we walk towards Panera to grab a drink:
B: She's got a BIG piece of bread. With stuff inside it.
(as I give him the, are you serious? look)
L: I think that's what they call a sandwich.
followed by contagious laughter.
Once we calmed down enough to go inside, he proceeded to be amazed by the options...apparently he thought they only sold bread. Maybe it was one of those 'you had to be there' moments, but he seriously cracks me up.


In non B news, since I realize it has taken up a lot of space lately...

Em. This kid is making me so happy lately. She's become such a little person lately. So responsible, so opinionated, so loving, so funny. I seriously think I've got the best kid in the world & I am grateful every day for that.

My lower back has been killing me the past week. Ick.

Girls night Friday night with some girls from work.
Martha's birthday party Saturday night.
Sugarland concert Sunday @ the Strawberry Festival. (Again.)
This combined with the week I've had equals serious potential for a rockstar weekend. (B has already been put on warning)

It's bedtime for this kid.

No comments: