Baby there's something on my mind tonight
There's a reason to believe we almost got it right
There's a fire burning in the firelight
As we roll on tonight
~'One More For Love' by Five For Fighting
Love that song. It's been in my head a lot lately, but tonight, I can't get it to stop playing.
The tension has been building the past couple days. The flirting has gotten more intense.
The night I went out with him & his brother, I noticed his eyes begining to drift south as the night progressed. I laughed to myself. Seriously, I'm so used to guys eyes going there, it dosen't faze me, it dosen't even upset me anymore. But I did notice it. Especially when his gaze lasted a little longer, his eyes glazed over & he suddenly popped his head back up, turned to his brother & said, we need to go home, now. I noticed it on the way home from Ft Myers a couple weeks ago. I think he thought I was sleeping. (Silly boy. I'm a mom, I miss NOTHING.)
This man. This man is my friend. He has been my daily confidant for the past 3+ months. Daily. It has been so easy to talk to him. To tell him things that I wouldn't normally tell a guy friend. To talk to him like I would talk to my best girl friends. In some ways, he knows more. We went though the same thing at the same time. We talked each other through it. We got depressed together, we got angry together, we got over it together. This of course included lots of heatfelt talks....and lots of tears. We've had hours of discussion as to what we want from relationships. What we expect from the other person. What we are willing to give. What we want the final outcome to be. We've discussed bad marriages...and how we still believe in marriage & want to try again one day. We've discussed the trials of raising children...and agreed that we each want at least one more. Friend. Plain and simple. How I've always said I wanted to start a relationship, with a foundation of friendship.
So yeah. Things have been a little different lately. Even the phone calls. A few "I was just thinking about you" comments have slipped in. Along with, "I wish I was in St Pete right now." And tonight it all came to a head. And we had that talk. You know... THE talk. Besides my slight moment of panic, of OMG what the hell are we doing.... it went well. And I think we're gonna try. It's all you can do really, just try. I'm hoping that the fact that we know each other so well already, that we know the other has true intentions....hoping that will work in our favor. Bring us a little luck..
Baby there's something on my mind tonight
There's a reason to believe that we got it right
And all and all you're all that's on my mind tonight
As we roll on...
1 comment:
If it's meant to be.. it will happen... just don't close or force open any doors. Wish you luck, girlie. Hope you find happiness. You totally deserve it!
Post a Comment