Wednesday, June 14, 2006

{change}

This morning, I sat in the car with my finger on the 'call' button of the phone. Having a hard time decideing if I should hit it or not. I've called this person hundreds of times before. We talk on nearly a daily basis (work schedules premitting), sometimes several times a day. Why was I suddenly having such a hard time making the call? I know excatly why. A conversation with a little brother Friday night changed things. It changed everything. It was that conversation that confirmed the fleeting thoughts that I had been having. And really, it makes sense. I mean, why not? I did hit the button and left a message. Not that I expected an answer at that time of day, but that's what we do, we call whenever we want, no matter the time or if we think the other will answer. And really, those times that my phone rings & it's not a good time to take the call, those are my favorite ones. Like last week, when I left a message to call back if it was before 7:30. When my phone range at 9:45, instead of hello, I answered with a "Do you not have a clock?" and got the reply, "Yes, I just don't listen."

Then I come into work & check my horoscope to see this:

Daily Extended Forecast for June 14, 2006
Your mind is taking on some psychic powers! The person you've been so often (and so ardently) thinking about has been picking up on your vibes -- and is thinking about you too. Now isn't the right time to move forward with this relationship, but take note of their change in attitude toward you. There may be some conspicuous avoidance on their part -- could they be shy? Go slowly with this, and make it clear that you just want to get to know them a little better -- for now.


I admit, I had to look up the meaning of ardently. :)
After my conversation with little brother, my phone rang and I could tell then that things had changed. It was a private conversation, between me & little brother, I wasn't supposed to let on that it had taken place....but I know he knew. In fact, I think he put little brother up to it, which really, is OK by me.

1 comment:

Lora3677 said...

It's amazing how a simple conversation can complicate everything else...