That's what J1 calls me, O-Town. When we met, I was in Orlando getting ready to move to St Pete & he was in Key West, working through tax season with his dad, getting ready to move back to St Pete. OK, Maderia Beach really, but who cares, right? At first that name bugged me, no clue why, but it did. After living in St Pete for a little over a month now, I still call him, tell him where I am, where I need to be & ask him how to get there. He always replys with, "OK O-town, listen up". He always ends up getting me more lost & then proclaiming that he's bad with directions...but for some reason, I always call him next time I need help. BTW, is anyone confused with all the "J"'s in my life? Yeah, me too. LOL See, I tend to be drawn to guys who names start with J. We joke that it's a requirement. See, Kristina married Jason. Martha is with Jon (they will marry, wait & see) So we joked one time that I need to find a J. Hence... Jimmy, James, Jay...etc. Even Billy was a hidden J, his real name is James. I told J1 one time that that's just another reason Steve is the right guy for me, his name dosen't start with a J.
Anyhoo... this was not at all the point of this post. There really is no point though, so I guess it's OK.
I'm in Orlando, came up yesterday afternoon. Only took me 3 hours to get here. WTF! It took me an hour & a half to make the 25 minute drive across the bridge. Never been so frustrated in my life. Wait, that's not true...there was that time it took me 16 hours to make the 8 hour drive to Atlanta. Thankfully, the wind wasn't blowing too much. I hate being at a dead stop up there & being able to feel the bridge move. Hate it. (OH! Gotta share the Skyway Bridge story one day)
So, got in town yesterday evening & met up with Mariel. Went for a pedicure, Don Pablos for dinner & a Wal-Mart run. Came back & laughed so hard that I cried. Going to Universal once 'I hate mornings' poppy head over there wakes up...alarm is set for 9 but this girls body can't sleep past 7am no matter what. It's a blessing & a curse all at the same time.
I need to do this often. I've realized that I don't miss Orlando like I thought I might, but I do miss some of the people there. So I'm here, spending time with one that I miss. And making plans for her to come down for the weekend in 2 weeks. Can't wait to show her around my new home. And her roommate will be coming with her, Hillary. I seriously love that girl. Love her. Would kill her if I had to live with her, but I love her. Gonna be a blast. Or as Hillary would say, we're going to make memories...with a camera. :)
OK, off to get ready. Maybe if me & her brother are ready to go when she gets up then she'll get ready faster. Doubt it, but worth a try.
1 comment:
ok... totally weird, but I randomly searched blogger for
"Liza" and came up with you as the second entry..... Second weird, I moved back to Orlando from St. Pete a year ago (by the Vinoy)....and my middle name is Marie as well.... Wait a minute, are we just a split psyche...cause, girl...this is weird.........
Post a Comment