Friday, June 16, 2006

{so...um...}

Don't feel like working today.
Not
one
bit.
It's Friday. I'm fairly caught up. We have a 90+ minute meeting this afternoon, starting at 2:30...so ending right when I get off. Just don't want to do anything in the inbetween time.

Going to beautiful Ft. Myers tomorrow. Haven't been in that area of the state since I was 17. Ya know, when I drove my moms mini-van down there to meet a boy from the internet. Oh yes, I was that kid. I didn't lie to her about where I was going though. And his parents really were home. It was innocent. Course, I did tell her that I had met him before, which I hadn't. We went to a movie, can't think of the name of it, but I do remember the movie. Something about a vampire in the 'hood. Went to Winn-Dixie, not sure why. Made my first late late night run to Taco Bell. If I was home, I could tell you what I ate...cause I still have the reciept. Don't ask. I'm a packrat, what can I say. And honestly, it has some special meaning to me.

So yeah, going down there tomorrow with J1. J1 who wanted to go out this weekend. In a different way than we had gone out before. In a 'you're more than the cool girl that I like to hang out with' way that we normally go out. Instead, we're driving down to Ft. Myers. Sounds good, right? Wrong. He's moving there. Found out Wednesday night. Told me yesterday. I'll say it... I'm upset. I'm disapointed. I'm sad. But....I'm also not giving up hope. Not just yet.

Other random thoughts....
Taking photos today. Of nothing. Of everything. :) Just another way to avoid working. Waiting for someone to walk by & say, WTH are you doing?!
Hottie manager just popped around the corner & asked for a double fist handshake....he worked his magic & got me a printer. Love him.
Came in to a card with a gift card to Darden resturants this morning. From a coworker that I helped yesterday since she's totally overwhelmed with work. That was extra nice since as I stepped into the elevator this morning, another coworker steped off & told me, before you log on, I worked last night....and I'm so sorry that I loaded you down today. Just great. Actually turned out to not be so bad.
Speaking of work, it's going great. Finding my groove. Feeling more comfortable every day. Enjoying the people. A lot.
Life is good here. Life is what I want it to be here. That's always a good thing.
Back to photo taking. I mean work. Back to work. :)

No comments: