Sunday, September 10, 2006

{the funny part is.....}

Lots of nothing to talk about....

We got up early today & headed to the zoo. It was $3 addmission & free rides today, so I knew it would be busy. I didn't expect the parking lot to be full & the line at the gate to almost reach out of the parking lot...all by 9:20. They don't even open til 9:30. I convinced Em that we should go to the aquarium instead. They have sharks & a water play area, which were her two goals for the day. Plus, it's inside. Air conditioning = happy me. (And yes, that tan kid really belongs to me. Me who is whiter than that mermaid)

Emma.. She's reading like crazy. It's funny, her favorite book to read right now is 'Mr Brown can Moo, can you?'. I read that one to her all the time as a baby & it was Mike's favorite for me to read. He got a kick out of me making all the nosies in the book.

We discovred not one, but TWO loose teeth last night. Both of the front teeth on the bottom. One is looser than the other, but both are definatly on their way out. These are the first loose teeth. She got all excited when I told her, gave me a big hug & then said, "What if it bleeds? Because I don't like blood."

I just had a bowl of Corn Pops. At 10pm. And damm was it good.

I'm nearing 30. But really, that's a whole different post. When I'm not as tired.

Paris Hilton. Make her go away. Please.

Did I mention that I talked to Jimmy last week? It was ironic, I've been thinking about him a lot lately, with his birthday & his custody hearing coming up soon. (both on the same day actually) I resisted the urge to contact him though. He contacted me instead. Told me a few things, including saying that he was sorry for how things went down between us. Funny how that really, honestly, dosen't matter to me now. A couple months ago, I would have loved to hear that. Now, it's just words. Maybe he sleeps easier having said it, I don't know. Personally, I've been sleeping just fine for months now. It is nice to know that he dosen't have that power over me any more though.

A friend at work gave me an iTunes gift card for my birthday. Way past due for some new music. I picked up.....
Dusk & Summer by Dashboard Confessional (the whole CD)
Lips of An Angel by Hinder
Into The Ocean, What If We Could & Everlasting Friend by Blue October

I need to get better about remembering to get the free download each week. I haven't had one yet that I don't like. This weeks, Los Angeles by Sugarcult, is no exception. Lovin it.

Tomorrow. 9-11. 5 years. Not sure I'm ready for it.

Further testament to my old age, I had more to say...but I can't remember it & I am too tired to try.

Oh.. BTW... Yep. We felt it.

No comments: