Meet Chie & Mariel at Babies R Us around noon. Register Chie. Go out to lunch. Go to Target & register Chie.
Head to my mom's around 4:30, help her cook dinner & a cake. My aunt arrives around 6, eat dinner & spend time visiting.
Meet Mike at 8 to drop Emma off for the night/Sunday. Head home. If it's not too late (thinking I'd get home around 9:30-10ish), stop at Kristinas for Jason's birthday party.
This is how it actually went.
Meet Chie & Mariel at Babies R Us around noon. Apprently it's THE day to register, lots of people there doing the same thing. Sit through the speil & get turned loose with the scanner gun. Scan about 5 items before an employee comes up & ushers us a step away from the kids (Emma and Mariel's two boys) and tells us, "We are evucating the store. There's an emergency in the strip. Please move to the front of the store calmly, but please move quickly." So we gather up the kids who are now full of questions as to why we have to leave & usher them to the front where we are greated by LOTS of police officers, all telling us to do different things. Chie & I had parked on the side of the store & we were quickly ushered away from that side, Mariel had parked in the front. First we were told to go to the end of the strip, but Mariel was crossing the street towards her car. I called her back & said we just need to go to the end of the sidewalk. Another officer started pointing people toward the cars & said, "You need to get in your cars & leave. NOW." OK. So we pile three adults (one being 8 months pregnant) and 3 kids into a Toyota Matrix & leave, which thrilled Emma as she ended up sitting on my lap. Head over to Chiptoles for some lunch, after getting McD's drive through for the kids.
There, I get a call from my mom. My aunts plane has been diverted & she's now landing in Tampa. To which I reply, "Well, that would be nice if I was home & could pick her up, but I'm in Orlando instead." My stepdad needed to go to work and my mom can't make the Orlando-Tampa drive on her own with her Parkinsons. So, we finish eating lunch & go back to Babies R Us, hoping that we can at least get to my car...and we can.
So I leave Babies R Us, drive out to my moms house. Trade cars with my step dad (mine is a mess, no room for 2 more people & all their luggage). Drive BACK to Tampa, pick up my aunt from the airport & head BACK to Orlando. Everything is going well until we hit Lakeland....and stop. Over an hour, sitting in traffic, not moving at all. We see police pass, fire resuce pass....and SIX tow trucks. We fianlly arrive back in Orlando around 8pm (we picked up my aunt around 5pm) and I drop her off at Orlando International to pick up her rental car. Then, over to my moms house/stepdads job to trade cars back. Ate dinner there & left there around 10pm, heading towards Mike's to drop Emma off for the night.
Thankfully, from the backseat I hear, "Mommy, I just want to go home. Can I not go to Daddy's house?" So I call him, explain further the day we've had & he agrees, just go home.
I got back home around midnight.
Why is nothing simple in my life?
Not to self, don't let children take photos, very unflattering...but seriously, how cute is my Chie?! Love this girl. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment