{I believe that believing we survive... is what makes us survive. -grey's anatomy}
Sunday, September 03, 2006
{to the woman at McDonalds}
It's rough working fast food. I know. I worked at Hardee's while in high school. I can still remember how the cole slaw was so cold that my hands would be numb for half an hour after mixing it all up. And I know it gets boring there sometimes too. Especially late nights. So, I'm glad that you are able to entertain yourself by laughing in your smoke heavy voice & singing 'Lean Back' while taking my money. I must say, I've never seen a woman over the age of 40 'lean back'. Thanks for marking that milestone for me. Also, I'd like to thank you for making my ice cream cone super tall. So tall that it almost fell in my lap as I drove away. Lots of ice cream = happy me. If it had actually fallen over, no so happy. But it didn't, so thank you. The only thing that would have made the night perfect... a straw. Yes, I have straws at home and if needed, I could just take the lid off, but we all know that diet coke always tastes better when sipped through a big McDonalds straw. Hopefully your shift will be over soon. I could tell you were getting antsy there, you could hardly stand still. Then again, that could just be your body coming down form the drugs. But whatever, thanks again for the tall cone. Oh, one more thing... the first drive through window is wide open, no one is working it & the drawer is open. Just thought you may want to know....no worries though, you can wait til 'Lean Back' is over. Don't want to cramp your groove or anything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment