Monday, September 11, 2006

I really don't know when this madness will end. But I do know that God is speaking. I have to believe that in my heart. And I have to know that God will use even this tragedy to shake up the world.


Emma learned a new word this morning.

Terrorist.

I figure, they learned about Gandhi last week, I don't see why they would avoid the history of today. (Yes, she is in first grade & learning about Gandhi) Selfish maybe, but I wanted her to hear about this day from me before anyone else.

So we sat down this morning before school & looked through the 9/11 scrapbook that I made a few years ago. We talked about it. I explained that there are some people out there that don't like America, that they want to hurt us. We talked about heros; fire men, police men, and regular people. When her eyes started to get big, I reassured her that there are lots of people protecting her. She reassured me that it was OK....she was still wearing her invisiable "power ring" that I put on her before bedtime, to keep monsters away at night.

I wish it was that simple.

1 comment:

K G said...

WOW Liza...I am impressed. I really don't know how I will tell my oldest son when he starts to ask questions...and to boot he was born on 9-11...but in 2002.