About this time yesterday, I started a post and kept saving it as a draft to come back later. I added to it little by little during the day, as I thought of things & in between the massive amount of work I had staring at me. It was a big scattered mess....so I'm scratching it & doing this instead.
This blog...while I throw out the link anywhere online...my 'real world' friends don't know about it. I've always felt the need to sepearte the two. To have a place I can vent without people I face daily knowing about it. Until last night.
So this is for you... Thank you. To think that 8 months ago, we didn't even know each other and now there's hardly a day that passes that we don't talk at least once. You know me, better than anyone else does at some times. You put up with me. You GET me. Every stupid thing that comes out of my mouth, you understand what I'm really trying to say. You figure out the words for me when I can't figure it out for myself. You are my 24 hour/7days a week on call mapquest. (Though I do get scared when all you can tell me is, baby you're lost. very helpfull. thanks. and Target...2 blocks from your job yet you can't tell me how to get there, smooth.) You are my sounding board, no matter what the issue. (what had I done when you told me, "don't make desicions like that without calling me first!" I'm sure it had something to do with Jimmy lol) Thank you for telling me how it is, for not sparing my feelings. Thanks for the extra honey mustard. Thanks for not waking me up when I fell asleep during the world cup. Thanks for helping me up when I trip over my own feet. Thanks for offering to call & tell Jimmy off for me...even though you hung up on him when he answered. Thank you for wanting my opinion on all things girly. Thank you for thinking of me, for protecting me, for remembering that I'm not 'just some girl'. Thank you for not giving up on me when I push away. Thanks for pushing me up the 'must answer' list before I met the requirements & leaving me up there even after I no longer met them. HA! Thanks for stopping me from driving down that night, you were right, even though the outcome was the same, it was wrong. Thanks for forcing me to get over the fear of the bridge. Thanks for saying "it still stings" and understanding why. Thanks for laughing everytime I say "I can't take all that!" Thanks for not breaking my finger. Thank you for getting what I mean when I say that I love talking to you, but I'm tired of talking to you. Thanks for being smart enough to add "I didn't get arrested" to your voice mail message. Thanks for being my kinda, sorta best friend.
Wow.
Thank you isn't even enough anymore. We are not convienent and you know that as well as I do. And the fact that we both know that, yet go forward...that is what makes us unique.
No comments:
Post a Comment