I need a day off. Scratch that. I need a week off. I'm just sayin.
Lots of scrappy stuff that I need to finish up tonight. It's been awhile since I've shared that stuff here, so I'll do that too. (Not like anyone who reads this dosen't know where to find me anyways! lol OK, maybe one person dosen't ;) )
Speaking of, I have to share a funny story, at least funny to me. Involving J. (You can skip this part J, unless you want to relive that night of your life) Friday night he calls me & we're talking. Laura beeps in, but I can't get a word in edgewise to say 'let me get the other line' so I let him keep talking. He's telling me about his sons parent teacher confrence & how he talks to the teacher weekly & meets with her quarterly....and he's just talking & talking & talking & talking. So I let him. I pick up the house phone & call Laura back, not daring to interupt J & tell him what I'm doing. As he's talking in my left ear on my cell phone, I have the house phone to my right ear & start a conversation with Laura. I tell her the name of a botonical gardens, how far it is from her hotel, directions on how to get there, what time they open.....and this whole time J has not stopped talking. Not once. So I hang up with Laura and nearly yell his name into my cell phone. He says, Yes? I ask, have you been listening to a single word I've been saying? He says, Yes, something about some gardens, they open at 10m, they are 20 minutes away... I ask him, did that not seem weird to you, that I was talking about gardens while you were talking about parent teacher confrences? He says, with the most sincere voice ever..... "I don't listen to you, you know that. I just let you talk. You told me once, I don't have to listen, I just have to let you talk, so I let you talk." I couldn't even be mad after that. And you know what? You're right my friend, just let me talk. (and it wasn't just the 3am migrane talking last night (this morning?!) I really am happier with how we are right now and thank you for saying it first)
Other than that...not much going on. Still exhusted at night. Was in bed by 7:30 last night. Which leads to a headache from too much sleep. I just can't win.
Um... guess that's it. It's month end at work. Which equals a bunch of stressed out people. And it's my mail week, another reason to hate month end. So I'm out. Hope to be back tonight with some scrappy goodness.
No comments:
Post a Comment