Sunday, May 15, 2005

I picked up an idea book today during an 'adhesive only' run at Michaels.


'The Book Book' - Bringing Book Arts to Scrapbooking

Totally loving it. Some of the ideas are a little out there (the book made out of Converse sneakers is awesome, but not for me), but most of them make me want to create right away.

I'm really feeling better about my scrapping lately. I'm getting back into the groove of working on stuff all the time and enjoying it more. That's the main thing, enjoying it more. I've slowed down & am taking the time to really enjoy the process. I noticed that I would try to hurry, just get it done, but once it was done, I wasn't happy with it. I would shrug it off & say, oh well, it's done. I'm not feeling that anymore. I don't want it to just be done, I want it to be good, I want to be happy with it. There's one layout I've done in the past week or so that I'm not happy with. Normally I would just go with it, but I'm really considering tearing it apart & redoing it. I've got a CJ started for our CKU dorm, just the cover done so far, but after flipping thru this idea book, I want to start new on it. I've already applied rub-ons to the cover of the album, so at first I thought, oh well, can't turn back now, but really, why not? It's not what I want, I'm not happy with it. There's no reason I should keep something that I'm not happy with. I can always sit the album aside & recover it at some point down the road, it can be reused, it won't go to waste. So what's stopping me from doing it? What's stopping me from heading over to the thrift store, picking up some old books, ripping out their guts & making my own? Nothing. Nothing is stopping me. I'll rip apart that LO I'm not happy with, I'll start this CJ over from scrath.
I'm feeling really good about this....feeling like I'm ready to take my stuff to the next level. Be back later with before & after photos. :)

No comments: