Tuesday, May 31, 2005

{making better use of my time}

Em is going to my mom's house for the week. She hasn't stayed out there in awhile now & was asking when she can go again. So, my mom just picked her up. I'll pick her back up on Friday and from there she will be going to her dads for the weekend. So basiclly, she won't be back home until Monday night. Thats almost a full week of being childless. I need to make better use of this 'quiet' time. So, I've come up with my own verison of (the amazingly talented) Tara Whitneys OPAW (one project a week). I know she's talking more large scaled & fun stuff than I plan on doing, but I'm using her OPAW as inspiration/motovation to get some stuff done around the house. I'm hoping to do one a DAY instead of a week. They are mostly cleaning stuff. Honestly, I only have a couple things in mind so far and I have 6 days to do this, including today. So things may get more creative as the week goes on, but I'm starting with not so fun cleaning stuff. The stuff that never gets done cause there's always so much other cleaning to be done.

So...first on my list: cleaning out the pantry. Here are my before photos:


Overall Posted by Hello


top Posted by Hello


bottom Posted by Hello

Remember the stacks of water...yep, there's some more. Gotta love FEMA (although they did pay out on claims from Miami....which hardly even got rain from the hurricanes, but they gave me enough water to make my house float, so I'm not complaining.)

OK..off to start & I'll post photos when I'm done! A clean pantry...how exciting!! (read:sarcasm)

No comments: