Friday, May 13, 2005

it's finally Friday!!

Wow. So glad this week is over. The past two weeks have really left me in a very blah mood, but I'm starting to see a light and beginning to feel better.

My allergies have been kicking my butt lately. It doesn't help that I keep forgetting to take my medicine for it. I don't know if the pollen level has raised outside or what, but it's been bad. Even inside, especially at work...which I blame last summer's hurricanes for. The rain came in under the foundation/walls and our carpets were soaked for at least a week following each storm, so I know there's got to be an amazing amount of mold in that building.

I finally got a call from my doctors office yesterday saying my test results came in. Here's the background on that...(warning: girly info to follow) I went for my annual pap in December and it came back abnormal. They ran additional tests and they were able to determine that it didn't appear to be pre-cancerous cells, but they were not able to determine what type of cells they were, just that they were not normal. So I had to go in for a follow up pap in April. They explained it to me like this, your body creates these cells all the time & then gets rid of them on it's own, most of the time. So if I had another test done right then, it would likely show the same results. Which is why I had to wait 3 months & try again. SO...I got a call yesterday that the results were in and with my knee hurting to bad last night & today, I didn't even think to call the 24 hour results line until this evening. And everything is normal. HUGE relief there. I know that abnormal paps are common, but that doesn't offer any comfort when it's your test. Ya know?

The 'new' car is still doing good for me. :) It's nice to have a fresh start of sorts. VERY nice to lower my car payment by $300 a month. Put $25 of gas in it today, first time I've filled the tank, so I'll have to keep track of my mileage & see what it averages. BTW, regular gas is $2.16/gallon here in O-town, what's it like where you are?

I've seen that a few others have listed a weekend to-do list on their blog and I think I'll join in. Maybe the accountability will cause me to actually get it all done!

*Around the house:
-Clean: living room, kitchen, desk, my bedroom and scrap desk
-Attempt to hang mirror in my bedroom. This may require help, so I may not be able to get it done this weekend.
-Pick out photos for frames in my room.
-Hook up speakers to Em's computer
-Sort thru & burn photos on computer to disk
-Burn CD's to keep in car :)

*Scrapbook wise:
-Do my entries in the 3 CJ's that I have here & get them ready to mail out on Monday
-Work on CKU dorm CJ, only have front cover done and mail date is June 1.
-Attempt to plan out ATC & Friendship Pages swaps for CKU. Not due til July at CKU, but both groups are pretty big, so lots to do.
-Finish the weekend with a clean scrap desk, that's the only way I'll be able to get anything done during the week.

No comments: