I'm over it. Over a messy house. Over my kid that won't listen. Over my job that only requires me to use 1/100th of my brain. Over my 'girly time' that has lasted for the past 3 weeks. I'm even over R right now.
In spite of all that, I'm in a damm good mood.
Let me break it down...
Messy house - I've put the kid to work. I clean this house every weekend when she's at her dad's house. When she comes home on Monday she always says the same thing, who cleaned? Oh, I didn't notice, it must have been the cleaning elves that come after I go to bed. So, now it's her turn. She WILL not get to go to her dads tomorrow night if she doesn't have this living room clean before she goes to bed tonight. It's her mess anyways.
Kid that won't listen - She's cleaning and she freaks if I even look in the direction of the phone, afraid that I'll call her dad if she doesn't clean up. So she's listening..for the moment at least.
Job fit for an idiot - OK, maybe I'm over reacting to this one, but seriously, my job requires me to do not a single bit of thinking. I took a call today, something I hardly ever do. It was on a hurricane claim from last summer & it came to me since the claim was in my name. (We have a CAT team that works those claims, but they have to be in someone in the local branches name, so me & my team leader were those lucky names to get them all. We never actually touched those claims, they just had to be 'held' somewhere on a local level. Now that the CAT team has dismantled, the calls come to us) Anways, I get this call & I answer his question, I explain the FL laws regarding lien holders, vested interest, how to get the lien holder to sign off on the draft, all that fun stuff. He understood, he was happy. And you know what, I was happy. As simple of a call as that was, it involved more than me stamping a piece of mail as received. It required more than pointing to an X and saying, sign here, print there. I'm so looking forward to moving back to claims & I pray that it comes soon. I never thought I would miss that crazy environment, but I do. I want to put my license to work, I worked damm hard to get that thing. I want to use. I want to show the new people that I'm more than the girl who gets their building access badge for them. Sure, I know where they can find a gel wrist pad, but I also know how the difference between bodily injury and uninsured coverage. I'm not the dumb little lobby girl, I know more about insurance than the newbie whose prior job was a Hooters waitress. Gimme a break.
Girly time - Yeah...3+ weeks now. I've lost count. It's my fault, I know it is. I messed up my BC & now I'm paying. Not to get to graphic, but this is my 'inactive' week of the BC & according to the nurse, I should go back to normal once this week is done. Please let her be right. This anemic girl can't stand to lose any more iron.
R - Mr. Wonderful is on my list right now. I don't really know why. He's still around, we still talk. But I feel like we're moving no where fast. I'm irked that he asked me a stupid question the other night. I'm irked that he's off work & I'm not seeing him. I'm questioning if he's the kind of person I want in my life...and this has everything to do with finding out that his 'hang-out' is a place called 'Cracker House' and is full of drunks puking on the floor and bar fights. So yeah...questioning this whole thing. I won't lie though, if he was at my door I wouldn't turn him away. But, it's going to take a lot of him proving himself to get me back to the point that I was once at with him.
In other news...
A friend & I have decided to give e-Harmony a go. A different friend at work has used it & had good results. No solid relationships, but she also has a 'no hand holding until 3 months into the relationship' rule, so I can't base to much off her. I've had a couple guys request communication & the whole process of it is interesting. Lots of work, but I guess that's how it should be if your looking to find someone for something real.
I'm off work Tuesday. That's right...Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. 4 days. Em goes to her dad's tomorrow night & comes back Monday night. I'm going to go see an old friend in Tampa on Sunday (more about that tomorrow maybe). Looking forward to a nice weekend, doing whatever I want...or doing nothing if that's what I want.
No comments:
Post a Comment