Monday, August 08, 2005

first day of school

This was the scene in my living room last night:

Em took every piece of new clothes for school, laid it all out & made outfits. All except the first 2 matched. It helps though that almost eveything I bought is mix & match. She did this & then picked out what she wanted to wear for the first day.
OK, this kid did not go to bed until midnight. I don't know if it was cause she was excited or what. Then this morning, I woke her up & at first she was kinda groggy, then she started moving her arms up & down & goes, "My big school! Today I go to my big school!" I said, "Yes, you do!" and she said, "I should go get dressed." :) I love that kid. Got all dressed, ready for photos...and I couldn't find my camera! I knew she had it last night, but it was nowhere to be found. 5 minutes later (which felt like 30 minutes) I found it & by then she wasn't in the mood. Got a couple photos though...just not big smiles.






(BTW, check out the natural tan on that kid...I'm jeleous of my own child)

So we finally make it out the door & off to school. Find a space to park, way on the other side of the school of course. We start to make our way to her classroom & I see a girl walking towards us that looks familer. All of a sudden the girls face lights up & she goes, "EMMA!" and throws her arms open. Em takes off running to her & she picks Em up & hugs her & spins her around. Sydney from daycare. She's a 'big kid', goes before & after school only, she's in 5th grade this year. Em loves her & Sydney loves Em. We walked away & I asked Em if that made her happy that she got to see Sydney & she said yes. I told her that she will see her again on the way to the daycare after school and Em goes, "Sydney will keep me safe." Again, I love that kid.
Make it to her classroom, find her cubby for her backpack & find her name at a table. A table with her & 2 other boys, she will be in heaven. :) The teacher had the TV on, with Sponge Bob, so that kind of distracted Em. She sat right down & gave me a hug & kiss, asked when I was going to pick her up & said good bye. And my baby was in school, just like that.

The daycare picked her up today. I had asked her if she wanted me to or not & she said she just wanted me to drop her off so I can help her find her classroom, but she wanted to come back to daycare after school. I picked her up & got no info from her. Just that school was good & she needs a water bottle cause it's hot & they don't have time to go to the water fountian. That's it. My mom called to ask her how it was & she kept saying, yes, yes, yes, good, fine, yes. Then we got home & I told her she needed to call her dad & let him know how school was & she said, "Why does everyone want to know? Why does everyone keep asking me? I'm tired of talking. Why can't I just tell you & then you tell them?" OK. She was asleep by 6pm on the couch. I woke her up to move her to bed & asked if she was ready to go back to school again tomorrow. She shook her head & said the name of her school & went right back to sleep.

2 comments:

photographer said...

Emma is just too darn cute! love how she laid out her clothes! I dearly remember those days with Suzi! So much fun! And she was so perfect her first day! How cute! Glad she is in the swing of things and happy at school. TFS this special moment!

Lora3677 said...

You have me all weepy and happy here!! HOW CUTE is she!!! I love all the pics and the run down of the day. Don't you wish you could get inside that minda nd find out EVERYTHING that happened... ha ha!