Friday, August 12, 2005

{overheard at my desk this week}

him: Are you done with mail?
me: If my right eye was a laser beam that turned things into crap and my left eye was a laser beam that turned things into ice, than the look I'm giving you right now would turn you into a pile of frozen crap.
him: Does that mean no?
(The best part of that conversation came from the back of the hallway, where the door is propped open & we have no warning when someone is coming into our area...my team lead walked in & heard us & responded with "LIZA!")

boss: You ready to move to the back?
me: Is there an empty desk back there?
boss: Not really...
me: Can I have your office?
boss: That's probably what we'll do.
me: Can I paint a wall?
boss: Paint?
me: Yeah, pink.
boss: Pink?
me: With flowers.
team lead: You have no clue what your getting into taking her back there.
me: It'll be fun!
boss: It'll be pink.
me: Don't forget the flowers.

(on discussing our daughter's starting kindergarden this week)
boss: The teacher said she didn't talk at all during the entire day.
me: My kindergarden teacher said she was afraid that if she left the room that I'd take over.
boss: I need to go find you a desk. I don't think I feel safe letting you use my office.

I have great realtionships with my co-workers.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

hilarious!!!

Anonymous said...

This is funny. It sounds like a decent place to work...although I'm sure it has it's moments, it's great that you can turn a co-worker into a frozen piece of crap and him not be bothered by it!