People break down into two groups when they experience something lucky. Group number one sees it as more than luck, more than coincidence. They see it as a sign, evidence, that there is someone up there, watching out for them. Group number two sees it as just pure luck. Just a happy turn of chance. I'm sure the people in Group number two are looking at those fourteen lights in a very suspicious way. For them, the situation isn't fifty-fifty. Could be bad, could be good. But deep down, they feel that whatever happens, they're on their own. And that fills them with fear. Yeah, there are those people. But there's a whole lot of people in the Group number one. When they see those fourteen lights, they're looking at a miracle. And deep down, they feel that whatever's going to happen, there will be someone there to help them. And that fills them with hope. See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences? *Mel Gibson in Signs*
Watched that movie this weekend. Good movie, the little girl in it is just the cutest thing ever. Her water phobia reminded me of how Em dosen't like pointy foods.
Anyways...
Been thinking about that quote alot the past couple days. Like a whole lot.
I'm all about signs. I read my horoscope daily, usually at the end of the day otherwise I tend to spend the day waiting for something to happen. I need signs, things to let me know what I'm doing is the right thing. I know it's kinda sticky, but I do belive that God gives signs...yet I check my horoscope & stuff like that and I know that some people belive that those sources are competing or something...so I don't know, but it works for me.
Again...anyways... (I get lost a lot, need those signs to push be back on track for what I'm meaning to talk about!)
That quote. Especially this part:
Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?
I'm in that group. There are no coincidences. Everything happens for a reason.
Now, if you didn't think I was crazy already for the whole horoscope/God signs thing, then hang on tight... I'm a girl of the 21 century. I don't like clubs. Every guy at work is married or gay. I'm not the type to pick someone up at the grocery store. So how do I meet guys? Online of course. I talk to so many guys online that it's crazy.
There are a few rules though...
No photo, no go. You see me, if I can't see you then you get ignored.
Locals only. Maybe Mr Wonderful is currently in Tennessee. Oh well, not ment to meet him then cause if your not in my area then you get ignored.
Photos of body parts other than faces not only get ignored, but they get blocked. If you wouldn't show your mama that photo, why show me?
So...I usually have 4-5 conversations going on at once. Guys wanting to meet up, go to dinner, go to the movies...even one who suggested that I meet him at a gas station at 11pm. Um, no. No way. So what has me thinking is this... What makes me say no to all but one? What makes me think that one is safe? What makes me say OK, lets hang out. What is it that clicked with that one & made it OK when the others were not OK. There wasn't anything amazing about him. It wasn't like we clicked & connected on this amazing level. He didn't even have a photo posted...I did get one later, but usually if they aren't there from the begining then I don't talk. It wasn't like we started talking & realized that we have a lot of things in common, it just happened that he was the one I said OK to, the one I choose to take a chance on.
And now...now I know he likes granola bars for breakfast, that he likes cats, listens to country music & wears flip flops. Seriously, this is the guy I would build if I had the chance to. It can't be coincidence, that dosen't happen in my world. Things happen for a reason. So if I stick to my belief that there are no coincidences...what does this mean?
1 comment:
I tend to agree... it seems at times we take a chance and then look back to see that it really wasn't a chance we took... for some reason we just followed a path. I know God has a plan and He is in control. I just sometimes wish He'd show me more of the picture....
Post a Comment