Friday, August 26, 2005

{TGIF}

Hey there! What do you say? I bet today's going to be an awesome day!

That's the song that I heard about 20 times within 30 minutes last night from Em. Not a bad thing to have stuck in your head.

So it's Friday. Finally.
It's been one week since her accident at school. The bandage is getting all dirty from playing outside, so I'm going to have to get brave & unwrap it so I can wrap it back up in clean gauze. I checked at CVS the other day for some pink gauze, I know she would love that, but couldn't find any. Just thankful that the Dr said I wouldn't have to changed the dressing. Not sure I would be able to handle that.

Friday's are my clean up day at work. The day that I sort thru all the piles that have accumlated on my desk during the week. The stack of 'Hey Liza, can you look at this?', the stack of 'can't find a matching claim number', the stack of papers waiting for customers to come in and sign. This is really kind of silly of me since Friday is also the day that I have the most diary, 7 pages of it today to be excat.
So this morning I've put away a 4 inch stack of index matches & 3 piles of returned mail. I have to do this though, I can't stand to come into a messy desk on Mondays.

Let's see...what else is going on....

Engagement party on Sunday. Very excited about it. The first one of my friends to get married and they are an amazing couple. After the first time I met him, another friend asked me what I thought of him & I told her that he's excatly how I imagined he would be. Excatly. From looks to personality, just like I imagined. To me, that means he's the guy that I think she should be with. She's part of my core group of friends, the 4 of us have been best friends for 20 years now. The Leigh in Emma Leigh is after her, changed from the Lee that we had planned at first. So very happy for them and I can't wait to be an 'aunt'. :)

What else....can you tell I'm avoiding working right now? :)

Hung out with a cool boy the other night. Touched a gun. (!) Seriously, was not thrilled with it being next to me at first at all. He was very cool about it though, really broke it down & explained the whole thing to me. Actually has me wanting to go to a range now, will have to talk to him about that. :) The really odd thing about that night was not the gun though, it was how my impression of him changed so much. Not at all how I had him pegged. Which is odd. I judge people very quickly, I'm aware of that. But I'm usually right on with the judgement too. There are only 2 people in my life that I have been wrong about. Couldn't stand them when I first met them. One has now moved out of the country & I miss her deeply, the other one is one of my best friends. So when I'm wrong, I'm way wrong. So far, I'm thinking I was way wrong with this guy too. He on the other hand told me that I'm original, intelligent, refreshing, quite cool & beautiful. I asked if I could use that on a job app. :) Yeah, nice things to hear. Even if they are lines (which oddly enough, I don't think they are), it's still nice to hear them.


(editing to add....The guy is in law enforcement. Don't want it to sound like I let some thug from the street into my house and he brought along his 'piece'!)

No comments: