So yeah...exciting stuff at work today...
We had a customer go crazy in the lobby. All I heard was 'blah blah f***ing blah f***ing blah blah blah f***ing', so on & so forth. Next thing I know the alarm is beeping & Chrissy is walking towards me with a big ole smile on her face & goes, "I got to push the button. Day before my last day & I pushed the button."
Um, OK, back up....
First, this lady has come in before & was super b***h to us before. Here's the deal, she an 'actress/model' (she does porno movies if you really wanna know), she has a lost wages claim but we can't verify how much she makes. She's claiming she makes $125/hour, but we have to verify it somehow. She's paid under the table so she has no paystubs, dosen't files taxes & everybody she tells us to call & verify how much they pay her, they won't talk to us. Without proof, we can't pay.
So today she shows up and starts banging on the bell at the window. I sit with my back to the window, but seriously she didn't wait long enough for me to turn when I heard the door open. So I hear the banging on the bell, look over at her & she throws her arms up in the air, a 'bring it on' type action. Clam me says, can I help you? She starts this laundry list of people & says to me, "You need to get whoever the f**k you need to up here & get my claim paid, NOW!" as she slams her fist on the counter. Mind you, her 6th month old son is in a stroller next to her this whole time. So...a team leader comes up, explains to her AGAIN that we need proof of her income, she threatens him & says she won't leave without a check. He calmly came to the door & said, 'Let me in NOW & call 911 NOW'. Chrissy jumped on the chance to push the panic button.
Here's where it gets good...
Our security people call and I go to take the call & the lady says she's calling in regards to an error message from our keypad, I was like, no, we pushed the panic button, we need the police. Dumb security lady goes, oh, it's not an error message? I said no, we need the police. She says, so you want me to notify the police? Um...isn't that what the panic button is for?! Yes, I want you to notify the police. Dur. A few minutes go by and I look outside & see a cop walking up, with his gun drawn...then I look over & see my manager in the parking lot, coming back from lunch. I giggle to myself & think, she's freaking out, wondering why the cops are here. The cop stops her, says something to her, she says something to him & he says something else & walks away, she has this WTF? look on her face. The cop walks in the outer lobby, sees me near the door & motions me out. I go out there & he asked if we called & if we are OK. I say yes & yes & he asks where the guy is, I point in the lobby to the crazy woman (who is now openely breastfeeding her baby, showing everyone her stuff) and he goes, they told us this was an armed hold up..... um... no. I told him what happened & he opens the door & lets my manager inside. Then he gets on his walkie talkie & tells the other cops to back off...turns out they were at each of the doors of the building, all with guns drawn...too funny. He says to me, we respond to hold up calls very differently than disturbance calls. I said, I'm sure you do, but I never told anyone that we were being held up.
Turns out that he stopped my manger in the parking lot & told her that she couldn't enter the building, she told him she worked there & told her that everything is going to be OK, but she can't enter the building. She told me that her first thought was, I was only gone an hour, what have they done?! They being me & Chrissy I'm sure...we are kinda known for causing trouble...
So yeah, that was the fun of the day... That & the HUGE box that got delivered that we played around in & jumped out of to scare people.... yep, we work hard. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment