Sunday, June 26, 2005

{my Saturday escape}

So we changed our plans at the last minute yesterday. And by last minute, I mean we were in the car heading towards St. Augustine when we decided to go to Tampa instead. Not the day we had planned but it was fun still.

We made a stop at the Hard Rock Casino on the way there. We both took $20 to the cashier & I left with $20.63...not bad! My friend left with nothing, so I gave her my 63 cents that I made. :)

Next stop was Ybor City. My friend had never been there before & wanted to see it. Really the only thing there during the day is the shops in the Centro Ybor...and even those are just regular stores. Ybor is definatly a nightspot, not much going on during the day at all. We did stop in Claire's & make braclets. For the first time ever, I wished my wrist was bigger, it's almost full aready & I saw so many other links I wanted to buy! We walked around a little more. Peeking into bar windows as we go, had to stop & see the bra collection at Coyote Ugly.

After that we went over to Davis Island, drove around & oh'ed & ah'ed over the big, beautiful houses. Then we went to Chili's for lunch. Next we went over to International Plaza, where one of my best friends works. We walked the mall, chatted with my friend & then head back home.

On the way home, we stoped at a Rooms To Go outlet center, just to check out what they have & the prices, wasn't impressed with either. We also stopped at a produce market & got some yummy food. Including cherries to snack on during the ride home & 7lbs of bananasa for $1.

Once back in Orlando, we stopped at my friends apartment, dropped off the food we had bought & switched into her car. I was tired of driving all day. We went over to Target & looked around, picked up stuff for taco salad for dinner. Then we went to Sally's & got some pedicure stuff. Went back, cooked & ate dinner & were way to tired to do the pedicure stuff.

And that was my day. :) (Enough links in there?!)

No comments: