I was disappointed yesterday, very disappointed. Emma watched the verdict with me, not understanding a thing of course, and when it was done & they were showing the crowd celebrating, she asked what they were happy about. I opened my mouth to talk & I ended up crying instead. And I don't really know why.
I think he's crazy. I think he has some serious issues. Do I think he molested this child? I don't know. I wasn't there, I didn't hear what was said in court. This was placed in a jury's hands, it was their desicion to make, it was their job. Do I agree with their desicion? Does it really matter? I wasn't on the jury and as Americans, we placed it in their hands.
All day I've been hearing the same thing about this case, you can't pick your victim. Maybe MJ didn't touch this child, maybe he did. Unfortunately this child doesn't have a top notch family behind him and because of that, his real story may never be told.
I think MJ has molested young boys. Maybe not this one, but I do believe he has in the past. That's what upset me. The fact (in my eyes a fact, but just my opinion I guess) he has indeed committed this crime and essentially has gotten away with it. I think it sucks that when the DA finally got 'enough' evidence to try him for this crime, it turned out to be a week case. I think the boys family, mom especially, handed a win to the defense.
I feel for the DA, years & years of work, down the drain because the victim isn't creditable. I feel for the children who have previously brought suits against MJ, sure they got paid off, but money can't erase that pain and I don't doubt that they watched this case with baited breath, thinking, wow, he may really get in trouble for it finally. And honestly, I feel for MJ. Somewhere in his life, something went wrong. I really don't think that he realizes what he does is wrong. (On the other hand though, if he really is the father to his children, then he has more than the mind of a 13 year, kwim?) I feel for him because even if he doesn't know his actions are wrong, there are plenty of people around him that do. People that should be advising him. People that he thinks are his friends, but don't care enough about him to risk the money they make to tell him that his actions are wrong.
And maybe I feel for me...for the loss of the image that I once had of MJ. That cool guy with the glove & the magic feet & the awesome voice. I'm saddended that he's no longer that guy. Even if he came on stage with that same glove, that same moonwalk & that same voice, I would look at him differently. I wouldn't take my child to meet him, ever, and that saddens me.
An interesting read: MJ article
1 comment:
> Unfortunately this child doesn't have a top notch family behind him and because of that, his real story may never be told.
[max] he did have a lawyer. the lawyer failed to convince the jurers. if we are to put blame on anyone .. blame the lawyer ..
Post a Comment