I make a choice everyday.
I choose to drive past McDonalds, Burger King & Chick-fil-A on my way to work. I choose to pass up the bacon & cheese biscuit, the mini chicken biscuits, the ham & cheese corsanwich. I choose to keep a box of granola bars at my desk & have one for breakfast each morning.
I choose to walk past the soda machine at work & head over to the water dispenser instead. I choose to keep a 33 oz jug of water on my desk & strive to refill it 3 times while I'm at work. Sometimes I get a soda during lunch, but it's always diet & I hardly ever drink even half of it & I always throw out what's left before I leave the restaurant. If I take it back to work with me, then I will finish it & not drink the water on my desk. In the mornings, I choose to park my car in front of my office and walk across the street to the store & buy a new water jug.
I choose to stay up 15-20 extra minutes every night. Even my I feel like I'm going to fall asleep sitting up, I don't allow myself to crawl into bed until I have done my balance ball routine. I choose to push myself on the ball. If I did 25 reps of something yesterday, then I make the choice to do 30 reps today.
Sometimes I make the wrong choice. I get fries instead of fruit. I have a slice of cake or a brownie that someone has brought into work. I park in front of the store instead of the office. I make that wrong choice and follow it up with a right choice. The choice to not dwell. To not give in for the day because of that one wrong choice. The choice to pick myself back up & get back on track.
I make these choices. No one can make them for me, no one can force me to make them. No one reaps their rewards or suffers their consequences other than me. Everyday I have to make these choices. Making the right choice gets easier everyday.
This week I finally broke my weight loss plateau. You know those 2-3 lbs of water weight that come & go? I finally lost them for good. I hit the 30lb mark. And it feels good. It feels really good. That feeling is what makes my choices not so hard.
2 comments:
liza, i'm so proud of you. you are a fantastic motivator, and i thank you for sharing your thoughts (and choices) with me.
How wonderful for you! It is so inspiring to hear that you are succeeding! You rock!
Post a Comment