Tuesday, July 26, 2005

back to the stars

The shuttle just launched.
What a great day to be home sick with Emma. I was really hoping we would be able to see it outside, but it's very cloudy & we aren't able to see it. We did watch the launch on TV before going outside and once we got inside we were able to see a view from the shuttle of the earth. That was very cool to Emma.

Shuttle launches are such a huge part of life in Central Florida. I've been outside to watch every launch. I've been woke up many morning by shaking windows & sonic booms from landings. It wasn't until today though that I realized how exciting that is. Everyone wants to see this launch and all I had to do was walk outside my front door.
I saw Challenger blow up in the sky. That's huge. I saw the launch of Sally Rides first launch. I'm excited that Emma is at an age where she can understand launches a little more and I can take her to watch them. You can beat that I will plan better & be much closer for the next one.

1 comment:

photographer said...

I am jealous! It is a dream I will never realize to go to space. Our children may not be the space travelers either, but I am hoping space is our new frontier. Our country needs it and humanity needs it to forage on, to become explorers again. So lucky you are right there and see it in person. We watch them all. I cried when the first explosion happened. It is going to happen, but it was sad!