I drove past a hotel in the 'tourist' area of town yesterday & read the message on their flashing sign.
Our thoughts are with London & our friends 'across the pond'.
Took me right back to 9/11. I remember thinking how huge of thing that it was that the whole world (well, most of it at least) was watching us, feeling for us, grieving for us. And even thought that's not a favor you ever want to have to return, it makes me feel good that we have been able to return those feelings. The tradgey in London is incomprehensible to me. Just like I can't imagine someone with so much hatred in them that they would want to fly planes into buildings, I can't understand them wanting to kill people riding a subway or a bus to work. Everyone was an American on that day 3 1/2 years ago and last week, we were all British.
The other time it happened...
I spent the past week & this weekend looking at hurricanes. Tracking maps, projected paths. Checking out Intelicast & FL Hurricane. Wondering if it was coming our way. Relieved that it wasn't, but prayerful for the people in the panhandle. It's only been 10 months since Ivan hit the same area. Yes, Orlando got 3 storms in 2 months, but none were as bad as Ivan was. None were as bad as Dennis is. Lots of thoughts heading up north right now. No reported deaths so far, hopefully it will stay that way.

The other time it happened...
I spent the past week & this weekend looking at hurricanes. Tracking maps, projected paths. Checking out Intelicast & FL Hurricane. Wondering if it was coming our way. Relieved that it wasn't, but prayerful for the people in the panhandle. It's only been 10 months since Ivan hit the same area. Yes, Orlando got 3 storms in 2 months, but none were as bad as Ivan was. None were as bad as Dennis is. Lots of thoughts heading up north right now. No reported deaths so far, hopefully it will stay that way.

No comments:
Post a Comment