Friday, July 08, 2005

Hurricane Dennis - Friday night update

Here's the radar loop if anyone cares. See the little nook on the west coast? And then the little piece of land sticking out on the east coast? If you draw a line to connect them, Orlando is just a tad north of the middle of that line. (btw, the nook on the west is Tampa Bay & the piece on the east is the Cape) So that's whats going on outside my front door. We had rain this afternoon, just light rain for about 5 minutes than again in about 30 minutes, repeating that process all afternoon...which was basicly the feeder bands coming through. (the 'arms' of the storm for those that don't know) It's been quiet tonight, but I hear that tomorrow mid morning thru Sunday evening is going to be a wash. You'll find me at my scrap desk. :) Unless of course the path changes (which we learned last summer that it can change at any time) and in that case, I'll be going to my mom's to stay in the training room at the prison, that's where we stayed for Francis & it's just not safe for me in this house with all the trees around it.
Emma just called from her dad's house to ask if I was going to pick her up when the hurricane comes so we can go to the hotel. I love that kid. :)

No comments: