I totally forgot to post about what happened last night. This is a perfect example of my life.
Mike (Em's dad) & I agreed to meet at this music store about 3 blocks from my house so he could pick up Em for the weekend. We usually meet halfway between our houses, but he wanted to go to this store so he said he'd just meet me there. So I get there & call him from the parking lot, no answer. I figured he was still on his way (he won't answer the phone when he's driving) so I park the car & we get out to go into a clothes store next to the music store. As we're walking up, he walks out of the music store. He said it was really loud in the store & he didn't hear his phone ring. I told him that Em & I were gonna go look in the store cause I thought he wasn't there yet, but I didn't need to. He said he wanted to look there too, but he needed to put away what he had just bought. I just then realize that I've parked right next to him, duh. So I gave him my keys & told him to get Em's stuff from the car & then meet us in the store. So he does. We walked around the store about 20 minutes & then he left. I stayed another 15 minutes or so & then left. Went down the plaza to another store, spent about 25-30 minutes in there and then left. As soon as I walked out of that store it immeditaly hit me, I didn't get my keys back from him. So I set my bags down, dig thru my purse & confirm it. He has my keys. I called him, he was down the street from his house at a chinesse place picking up dinner for him & Em. He had 10 more minutes before his food was done & then he had to make the 30 minutes drive to me.
I sat there. And sat there. And sat there. OK, honestly, he took some back roads & it only took about 30 minutes and I called some friends & talked to them while I waited. He eventually showed up, with my keys & a cheeseburger for me. (Em was hungry & she couldn't eat her chinesse in the car so he stoped & got her nuggets to hold her over). If I had thought about it, I could have walked across the parking lot & went to McDonalds, oh well. I actually thought about walking home, it really wasn't that far. Til I realized that I wouldn't be able to get into my house & my car would still be at the store.
So, that was my Friday. A typical night in my life. Next time, I'll tell you about the holey pants. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment