I was out today & Em asked if we could stop at McDonalds. I thought about what I would want to eat if we did. I know what I *want*, a quarter pounder with cheese, large fries & large diet coke. But I really think I'd vomit if I ate that now, after being away from it for so long. Then I thought about what I *should* get. Nothing there is really all that great, diet wise...I thought about the grilled chicken sandwich...then thought about the apple salad...then thought about the little pack of apples. Then, I thought to myself, it's almost 2:30 pm & you haven't ate yet, you're half way through the day, you could make it all day without anything, that would lose at least a pound.
I almost slammed on my brakes when I realized what I was thinking. I have never had those thoughts before. Ever. That moment I realized just how easy it is to slip into an eating disorder and how quickly it can start. Really scared me that I even thought like that. Thankfully, it was a fleeting thought & not something I acted on, but wow.
So...I know there are some weight loss buddies that read this, stay safe guys. The pounds that drop off slow are the ones that don't come back.
(BTW, Em changed her mind & wanted a sandwich, so we came home & I had a garnola bar. By that time it was after 3pm & I knew dinner would be soon, so I just had something to hold me over. And a big plate for dinner. Yum. Also, the not having ate yet by 2:30 is just how I am on the weekends. I get busy & don't even think about stopping to eat until my stomach is growling & then I need food NOW. Thankfully Em knows how to fix a bowl of cereal & get snacks from the fridge. )
No comments:
Post a Comment