Thursday, July 14, 2005

for you Radona :)

You are too sweet!! I didn't want it look like I ignored your comments & their questions, but I didn't know if you would check back in the comments to see my answers...so you get your own post! LOL!

(BTW, check out Radona at http://www.myscrapblog.com/ForeverYoung/)

So...
Yes, this weather is somewhat typical. It used to be that you could set your watch by the afternoon storms during the summer. Everyday around 4:00-4:30 the clouds would open. That lasted for years and then one year it just stopped. We had severe drought & fires everywhere that summer. The next summer it got a little wetter, but it never returned to the daily storms. Then last year, we all know about that, 3 hurricanes through Orlando in 2.5 months. This summer has been like the old summers, every afternoon around 4-4:30 the rain starts. I don't remember the old summer storms being like this though. Not all this thunder & lightning. I don't know what's going on with the weather, but it's definalty getting worse. Like I said in an earlier post, we are on the letter E as far as hurricanes go already, last year we didn't hit the letter C until mid August.
So yes, I do feel like a drowned rat on many days. I bought an umbrella on a whin about 5 months ago & I think I've used it more in the past 5 months then I have used an umbrella in the past 26 years of my life! Emma has some stylin rain boots & I'm seriously considering buying some for me. ;)

Now heat, I can relate to that one. We don't get actual temps past 100 often, but our heat index is usually right around there. And the humidty, wow, that's the killer down here.

But no earthquakes. :)

1 comment:

photographer said...

LOL!! you are too cute! Thanks for answering my questions. Living on the west coast and only visiting western states, I am always curious to know more about the east. I see a definite difference in our weather too, but it is cyclical. we have great heat waves and then wet years. this year we had more rain than in the last five. ten years ago we had flooding. so every ten years or so it is wet. but it always gets hot again, bummer!